Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Easy Solution to Get Through the Telephone Lines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2007, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Let's all pay $20 more per ticket so JB can hire more people to have on hand during the few times throughout the year when everyone needs to call in at once.

Any takers? Didn't think so.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 5:28 am

Wrong. I'd be more than happy to begin paying $20 more for all of my tickets if it was guaranteed that those funds would go directly towards improving call centers, better customer service, a few more amenities during the flight (I say this not as much for B6 as for the legacy carries I fly on for work), etc. I've not no problem with $20 at all.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
JetBlue is already more expensive in many cases than legacy carriers that have a full-on customer service infrastructure in place. It's not a case of "you get what you pay for." It's a case of pay more, get less than you thought.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by BearX220
JetBlue is already more expensive in many cases than legacy carriers that have a full-on customer service infrastructure in place. It's not a case of "you get what you pay for." It's a case of pay more, get less than you thought.
Agreed. The OP would have a point if B6 was cheaper than the legacies, but for the markets I fly, it is not.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 11:56 am

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
Agreed. The OP would have a point if B6 was cheaper than the legacies, but for the markets I fly, it is not.
Do you really think the legacy airlines are sometimes cheaper than jetBlue in the markets you fly out of goodwill?

It's called competition. Southwest introduced the "Southwest Effect" and now airlines like jetBlue and AirTran have the same effect in markets they enter. They brought down fares across the board. Legacy airlines, in the past, would charge you an arm and leg to get to where you need to go with a cramped seat and no IFE. Air travel has greatly changed and jetBlue does not nickle and dime its customers with its customer-friendly policies.

Think again, fare caps used to not even exist in most markets...
Old Mar 19, 2007, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
It's called competition. Southwest introduced the "Southwest Effect" and now airlines like jetBlue and AirTran have the same effect in markets they enter. They brought down fares across the board.
That's true, but JetBlue is now routinely more expensive, sometimes a LOT more expensive, on the city pairs I check. So the legacies are offering a more robust network and more frequency choices for less money. If JetBlue went away tomorrow the prices wouldn't rise, because the legacies are all competing with each other.

Like Southwest, JetBlue has managed the neat PR trick of standing for low fares in the marketplace while actually charging more.
Air travel has greatly changed and jetBlue does not nickel and dime its customers with its customer-friendly policies.
No, when things go sideways at JetBlue, they tell you you'll be flying five days from now or hand you your money back and wave goodbye. Nothing remotely customer-friendly about the no-interlining, no-options, too-bad-so-sad-you're-not-flying-after-all policy. I'll happily pay more to avoid getting trapped in JetBlue's frail, spindly, easily pulverized network. I'm even happier to pay less.

After the last five weeks, even you cannot possibly characterize JetBlue as "customer-friendly" with a straight face. Can you?
Old Mar 19, 2007, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Do you really think the legacy airlines are sometimes cheaper than jetBlue in the markets you fly out of goodwill?

It's called competition. Southwest introduced the "Southwest Effect" and now airlines like jetBlue and AirTran have the same effect in markets they enter. They brought down fares across the board. Legacy airlines, in the past, would charge you an arm and leg to get to where you need to go with a cramped seat and no IFE. Air travel has greatly changed and jetBlue does not nickle and dime its customers with its customer-friendly policies.

Think again, fare caps used to not even exist in most markets...
This is just wrong. The CMH-BOS market prices were low before B6 entered. And now B6's fares are actually higher.

You, please think again. Thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by BearX220
After the last five weeks, even you cannot possibly characterize JetBlue as "customer-friendly" with a straight face. Can you?
We should be kind to the cheerleaders.. this is a tough time for them.

Old Mar 19, 2007, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
This is just wrong. The CMH-BOS market prices were low before B6 entered. And now B6's fares are actually higher.

You, please think again. Thanks.
How are B6's fares higher when most days of the week with advance purchase are only $39 or $49 one-way between CMH and BOS. Also, look at farecompare's historical price maps for CMH-BOS and you will see that in July/August when Jetblue announced service, the fares took a noticeable plunge. It has been the same with CMH-JFK also. The fares right now are on the low end of $39 each way. Looking at farecompare's price chart before July '06, average lowest fares were normally over $200 R/T.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.