Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Announces HPN-FLL/MCO/PBI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2007, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium

Link to Press Release

Seven Years, Seven Destinations in the Empire State: JetBlue Announces Service to White Plains, New York
Wednesday January 24, 8:00 am ET

Low-Fare Airline Offers Westchester and Fairfield County Customers
More Convenient, Affordable Travel to Florida

Daily Flight to Orlando Begins March 28;
Three Additional Flights to the Sunshine State Begin April 2

NEW YORK, Jan. 24, 2007 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) -- JetBlue Airways Corporation (NASDAQ:JBLU - News), New York's hometown airline, today announces it will begin service between White Plains' Westchester County Airport (HPN), the airline's seventh New York state destination, and Orlando, Florida, with a daily nonstop flight beginning March 28. Beginning April 2, the low-cost carrier will add one daily nonstop flight to Fort Lauderdale, one daily nonstop flight to West Palm Beach and a second daily flight to Orlando. Regular fares to/from Fort Lauderdale will start at $79(a) each way. One way fares to West Palm Beach and Orlando will begin at $99(a).

``As we celebrate our seventh year of operations, we are excited to give our Westchester and Fairfield County customers the gift of convenient, nonstop flights from White Plains, our seventh New York destination,'' said David Neeleman, CEO and founder of JetBlue. ``We are committed to making air travel affordable, entertaining and friendly. We look forward to providing more customers more options and more value for their travel experience as we continue to expand in our home state.''

``JetBlue's new service at White Plains is a win-win for Westchester and all of New York,'' said Senator Chuck Schumer. ``I have made it my mission as Senator to ensure that all New York State residents have access to cheap and reliable air service. These new flights mean more options for people flying non-stop from Westchester to Florida and that is a good thing.''

``This is wonderful news for Westchester County Airport. It is great to see that JetBlue is continually expanding to serve more New Yorkers and more local destinations. These flights to Florida will not only give local residents more vacation options, they will give local businesses the chance to reach out to more markets and will bring more customers to Westchester County and the Lower Hudson Valley,'' Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton said.

``JetBlue's reputation for customer service is legendary,'' said County Executive Andy Spano. ''They will make a great addition to Westchester County Airport and add to the already fine service provided by our other carriers. We're especially pleased that JetBlue has agreed to be a good neighbor and work within the rules we've created to protect those who live in the communities surrounding the airport.''

JetBlue will operate flights to and from Westchester County with its Airbus A320 aircraft, featuring comfy all-leather seats, industry-leading legroom and individual seat-back televisions with 36 channels of free DIRECTV(r) programming (b).

JetBlue's Service between White Plains, NY and Orlando, FL:

White Plains (HPN) to Orlando (MCO) to
Orlando (MCO) White Plains (HPN)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Depart - Arrive Depart - Arrive
8:55am - 11:40am 4:35pm - 7:15pm
(effective 3/28/07) (effective 4/2/07)
8:55pm - 11:40pm 8:40pm - 11:20pm
(effective 4/2/07) (effective 3/27/07)

JetBlue's Service between White Plains, NY and Fort Lauderdale, FL:

White Plains (HPN) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) White Plains (HPN)
--------------------------------------------------------------
7:55am - 10:50am 8:10pm - 11:00pm
(effective 4/2/07) (effective 4/2/07)

JetBlue's Service between White Plains, NY and West Palm Beach, FL:

White Plains (HPN) to West Palm Beach (PBI) to
West Palm Beach (PBI) White Plains (HPN)
7:55pm - 10:40pm 5:25pm - 8:15pm
(effective 4/2/07) (effective 4/2/07)

Last edited by TWA Guy; Jan 24, 2007 at 6:34 am
Old Jan 24, 2007, 6:31 am

Note: All flights to be on A320 aircraft.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 7:13 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
If I recall, it's the same destinations that AirTran currently serves...called it!
Old Jan 24, 2007, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Can the current facililities at HPN honestly accomodate the pax loads of an A320?

The terminal, desks, security, and parking decks are already over crowded during peak travel times. This is just going to make matters worse.

I'm all for the expansion, and welcome JetBlue to HPN, but I'm envisioning more of a nightmare than already exists.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 10:03 am

Programs: 1MM, AA Plat, IC Gold Ambassador, HHonors, etc.
HPN should be able to handle the loads - they've done it in the past when there were more mainline flights - and that was into the OLD airport. I see more of a problem as follows:

Parking economics will come into play. Since these are primarily vacation/leisure destinations, parking your car for a week or more will cost more than your fare. 8 days in HPN parking will run you close to $200. Depending on your location, SWF at $8/day or even LGA at $13/day becomes a factor. One or two day business travelers are going to be none too happy when they can't find a place to park, either.

I adore HPN. I remember when you could park "up on the hill" for free. Or pay $1.25 for the day. I still prefer to fly out of there versus any other airport. But, if I'm on the road for a week or more, long term parking becomes an issue.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 10:42 am

Where are the low fares?

So they announce today.

I try to book at noon and the best fare I can find for the dates I want to travel are $249 each person one way.

Either there is a hugee demand for these flights, or they only put a few seats at low fare
Old Jan 24, 2007, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by twinsflytoo
So they announce today.

I try to book at noon and the best fare I can find for the dates I want to travel are $249 each person one way.

Either there is a hugee demand for these flights, or they only put a few seats at low fare
What dates did you try to book for? $249 o/w for peak holiday periods wouldn't be surprising.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 12:09 pm

[QUOTE=divemaster;7083471]HPN should be able to handle the loads - they've done it in the past when there were more mainline flights - and that was into the OLD airport. I see more of a problem as follows:

Parking economics will come into play. Since these are primarily vacation/leisure destinations, parking your car for a week or more will cost more than your fare. 8 days in HPN parking will run you close to $200. Depending on your location, SWF at $8/day or even LGA at $13/day becomes a factor. One or two day business travelers are going to be none too happy when they can't find a place to park, either.

I adore HPN. I remember when you could park "up on the hill" for free. Or pay $1.25 for the day. I still prefer to fly out of there versus any other airport. But, if I'm on the road for a week or more, long term parking becomes an issue.[/QUOTE\]

Parking: possible solutions: Park at a near by hotel and simply get on their airport van. Or call some of the area hotels and ask if they allow parking, although some charge a small fee. Check the internet for off site parking that will shuttle you to the terminal. If you look hard enough there are a lot of ways to avoid parking at the airport. I can't remember the last time I actually parked in an airport lot.

Good luck
Old Jan 30, 2007, 2:29 pm

Angry

I thought JB's presence at HPN would result in lower prices but it hasn't. AirTran has increased their special fare from HPN to PBI from $59 to $99 (matching JB). Though JB and AirTran are not comparable, I'm bummed that AirTran has increased their fares.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 3:17 pm

Programs: Jetblue
Originally Posted by jmposner
I thought JB's presence at HPN would result in lower prices but it hasn't. AirTran has increased their special fare from HPN to PBI from $59 to $99 (matching JB). Though JB and AirTran are not comparable, I'm bummed that AirTran has increased their fares.
How much lower do you want it?
Old Jan 31, 2007, 4:48 pm

I was hoping that AirTran stayed at $59 and JetBlue had intro fares for $79 (as they do for FLL). As someone noted above, with parking fares at HPN and the very tight terminal - HPN may not be so attractive for a family.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.