Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pickup from ROC->JFK.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2006, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Pickup from ROC->JFK.

Hi,

I'll be flying from ROC-JFK tomorrow morning with a friend picking me up after arrival. Looking at the web site it looks like Jet Blue uses terminal 6.

Is there an easy way for a friend to pick me up outside the arrival area in his car or is it heavily patroled to avoid people from stopping to pick people up outside terminal 6?

If this isn't easy whats the next best option for a friend picking me up after arriving on Jet Blue?

Thanks & Happy Holidays.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 10:33 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
I've found the easiest way to meet up at JFK is to park, eat the $6 it costs, and meet your friend in the baggage claim area below the terminal. Your friend can circle around the airport, but that gets very frustrating very quickly, especially this time of year.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 10:52 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by sullim4
I've found the easiest way to meet up at JFK is to park, eat the $6 it costs, and meet your friend in the baggage claim area below the terminal. Your friend can circle around the airport, but that gets very frustrating very quickly, especially this time of year.
I pick up people from all three airports all the time (5 to 10 times per month). I would have to agree. It is so much easier to meat them in the baggage claim area. If they get outside before you arrive, have them call you on your cell. That's the only way to avoid paying the $6 or so. Also, track their flight and watch the traffic reports (www.1010wins.com). This will help you out as far as knowing what time to show up.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 1:01 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
I've seen alot of people sittin in their cars on the drive up to the Terminal just sitting and waiting for the pickup. I don't know if it's legal or not, but people have and are still doing it. You could also follow the flight and attempt the "Perfect Pickup" ala Seinfield.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 1:25 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
umm what bout Lefferts Blvd or Federal Circle AirTrain station? I think theres like a passenger pick up at one of those two stations
Old Dec 26, 2006, 2:51 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, OnePass
Originally Posted by SkaterJasp
umm what bout Lefferts Blvd or Federal Circle AirTrain station? I think theres like a passenger pick up at one of those two stations
Do tell me about those options. Whenever my dad picks me up from JetBlue, he insists on parking. I told him people get away with sitting by the terminal all the time - it is not necessary to pay to park.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 5:34 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
I've seen alot of people sittin in their cars on the drive up to the Terminal just sitting and waiting for the pickup. I don't know if it's legal or not, but people have and are still doing it. You could also follow the flight and attempt the "Perfect Pickup" ala Seinfield.
I'm not sure if it is legal either, but my parents and friends wait on the right side of the road on the way to T6 all the time. Worst case...a cop makes you move and you ride around for a little. Other airports in other parts of the U.S. have "designated wait areas" when picking up people....that makes sense! Why can't NYC airports be that smart!?!?!?

"Never abandon someone in the middle of an airporot pickup...we must go forward, not back!".....SEINFELD, best show of all time! ^
Old Dec 26, 2006, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz 5*, Marriott PLT
While everyone waits at nearly all terminals/airports nationally, and even on approach roads to terminals, I have seen several cases of targeted enforcement. More specifically, one never knows when its not just the whistle and the hand wave that's received, but rather a ticket for illegal parking, stopping, or whatever the regulation is for the specific area in question.

Point is, one can usually get away with it. But much like speeding, do it enough or simply be the one in closest to the cop and it may cost way more than 1hr of parking.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz 5*, Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by SkaterJasp
I believe Lefferts Blvd (Long Term Parking) is advertised as a drop-off location. Kiss-N-Fly. Not really advertised or designed as a pickup station.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.