Changing 2 tires on the plane

Old Nov 6, 06, 7:45 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: MCO
Posts: 1,598
Changing 2 tires on the plane

We flew out of Pittsburgh yesterday and we had a considerable delay while the mechanics changed 2 tires.

When the pilot did the walk around he noticed problems with 2 of the tires. It would be interesting to know why the pilot that flew the plane in from JFK didn't find that problem.

It was very low tech watching them change the tires. I am sure it would have been easier at JFK.

The gate agents were great. They served snacks and soft drinks and water to everyone in the gate area.
safetymom is offline  
Old Nov 6, 06, 8:04 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Washington, DC, USA
Programs: V-Flyer Black
Posts: 329
Originally Posted by safetymom
We flew out of Pittsburgh yesterday and we had a considerable delay while the mechanics changed 2 tires.

When the pilot did the walk around he noticed problems with 2 of the tires. It would be interesting to know why the pilot that flew the plane in from JFK didn't find that problem.
Could have happened on landed at PIT, caused by the ramp crew, or on taxi.

Glad they changed them. Safety is key and I am glad that jetBlue took the time to ensure your safety.

Last edited by PimpNumOne; Nov 6, 06 at 8:10 pm
PimpNumOne is offline  
Old Nov 7, 06, 6:36 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: MCO
Posts: 1,598
They also sent an email stating they gave us $50 vouchers for the wait.
safetymom is offline  
Old Nov 7, 06, 8:01 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Programs: Credit Cards
Posts: 3,008
where did they change the tires?

you made it sound like they jacked up the plane at the gate so everyone saw it.

--Russ
TrueBlueFlyer is offline  
Old Nov 8, 06, 4:14 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 388
Originally Posted by JerseyVics
where did they change the tires?

you made it sound like they jacked up the plane at the gate so everyone saw it.

--Russ
Aircraft tires are changed at the gate all the time, and yes they do use a jack.
roger/wilco is offline  
Old Nov 8, 06, 4:38 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: LAX
Programs: WN A-List
Posts: 1,010
The incoming crew may have flat spotted the tires on landing.
Dunbar is offline  
Old Nov 8, 06, 4:39 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: MCO
Posts: 1,598
Yes they did jack it up at the gate. Apparently this was the first time they had to do this in PIT. I have pictures of them working on the plane.
safetymom is offline  
Old Nov 8, 06, 6:17 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: MCO
Posts: 1,598
It seems from the talk at the gate that the plane came in with these problems. It didn't happen on landing at PIT.
safetymom is offline  
Old Nov 13, 06, 8:32 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA/Clearwater Beach, FL
Programs: SWA Companion, Airtran A+, United Premier, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hertz 5*, Avis First
Posts: 52
Originally Posted by safetymom
The gate agents were great. They served snacks and soft drinks and water to everyone in the gate area.
As a PIT-BOS Monday AM regular (ever since they started service in late June), I can defintely say that both Gary and Anthony get my gold star award for friendly service...
OhHim is offline  
Old Nov 13, 06, 9:42 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Long Island, NY and Boca Raton, FL
Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Posts: 2,275
Originally Posted by OhHim
As a PIT-BOS Monday AM regular (ever since they started service in late June), I can defintely say that both Gary and Anthony get my gold star award for friendly service...
Welcome to FT!

What would you say the loads are like on average on this route?
jetBlueNYFL is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread