Changing 2 tires on the plane

Old Nov 6, 2006, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Changing 2 tires on the plane

We flew out of Pittsburgh yesterday and we had a considerable delay while the mechanics changed 2 tires.

When the pilot did the walk around he noticed problems with 2 of the tires. It would be interesting to know why the pilot that flew the plane in from JFK didn't find that problem.

It was very low tech watching them change the tires. I am sure it would have been easier at JFK.

The gate agents were great. They served snacks and soft drinks and water to everyone in the gate area.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 7:04 pm

Programs: V-Flyer Black
Originally Posted by safetymom
We flew out of Pittsburgh yesterday and we had a considerable delay while the mechanics changed 2 tires.

When the pilot did the walk around he noticed problems with 2 of the tires. It would be interesting to know why the pilot that flew the plane in from JFK didn't find that problem.
Could have happened on landed at PIT, caused by the ramp crew, or on taxi.

Glad they changed them. Safety is key and I am glad that jetBlue took the time to ensure your safety.

Last edited by PimpNumOne; Nov 6, 2006 at 7:10 pm
Old Nov 7, 2006, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

They also sent an email stating they gave us $50 vouchers for the wait.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 7:01 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
where did they change the tires?

you made it sound like they jacked up the plane at the gate so everyone saw it.

--Russ
Old Nov 8, 2006, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by JerseyVics
where did they change the tires?

you made it sound like they jacked up the plane at the gate so everyone saw it.

--Russ
Aircraft tires are changed at the gate all the time, and yes they do use a jack.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 3:38 pm

Programs: WN A-List
The incoming crew may have flat spotted the tires on landing.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Yes they did jack it up at the gate. Apparently this was the first time they had to do this in PIT. I have pictures of them working on the plane.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

It seems from the talk at the gate that the plane came in with these problems. It didn't happen on landing at PIT.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 7:32 pm

Programs: SWA Companion, Airtran A+, United Premier, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hertz 5*, Avis First
Originally Posted by safetymom
The gate agents were great. They served snacks and soft drinks and water to everyone in the gate area.
As a PIT-BOS Monday AM regular (ever since they started service in late June), I can defintely say that both Gary and Anthony get my gold star award for friendly service...
Old Nov 13, 2006, 8:42 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by OhHim
As a PIT-BOS Monday AM regular (ever since they started service in late June), I can defintely say that both Gary and Anthony get my gold star award for friendly service...
Welcome to FT!

What would you say the loads are like on average on this route?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.