Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

This United 1K flyer is about to take his 1st B6 flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This United 1K flyer is about to take his 1st B6 flight

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2006, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I may as well chime in too...

Took two r/t's with B6 earlier this month. I'm doing the BUF-BOS commute. When I was doing this earlier this year, the route was around $350, so I wound up flying to MHT. This time, it seems B6 and US are head to head, and the prices have dropped to ~135 for US and 120 for B6.

Because of the "benefits" of FFPs with a legacy carrier, I'm making the next few r/ts on US. However, I must say that I was favorably impressed with the overall experience on B6. From the IFE to the seat pitch, it was all good.

I'll probably be splitting between the two, because I want to stock up on US miles for european travel.

Both carriers use RJ's for the times I fly. B6 uses the E190, and US the E135 (I think that's right). The E190 is to be preferred, because it's 2x2 and has o/h bins both sides -- the E135 is 1x2 and bins on one side only.

So, I will have no qualms about flying JetBlue in the future, and my selection on any given trip will probably depend on the price for that individual trip and where I stand with the miles I need.

Not a bad "dilemma" to have.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 10:34 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
I'll prolly run into you on the aircraft then in the future. I'll be commuting on the BUF-BOS run quite a bit as I will be moving to BUF at the end of Janurary.

The 190 is not an ERJ, it's a mainline jet
Old Dec 23, 2006, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
I'll prolly run into you on the aircraft then in the future. I'll be commuting on the BUF-BOS run quite a bit as I will be moving to BUF at the end of Janurary.

The 190 is not an ERJ, it's a mainline jet
We're probably going the wrong way. I fly out of BUF at 7:00AM on Mondays, and back at 8:55 PM Fridays (or Thursdays).

And I agree about the 190. My first thought when I got on it was that it looked like a skinny 737 or something. Not cramped at all like the Canadair planes.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:41 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
I usually depend on when my show time is in BOS. I usually have late shows in BOS so I can take the 7am or the noon departure. I'll prolly run into you at some point since i'll be on that flight hundreds of time a month
Old Dec 28, 2006, 5:10 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP (5.8MM Airpass) Delta Gold Medallion Marriott Platinum
I am a 150,000 mile per year flier on AA but use Jet Blue and find them quite good. Very good personnel with excellent attitudes add to the experience. If they flew to DFW, I would use them more often. I use them from JFK to BUF and a few other short haul flights. Very comfortable overall. Legacy carriers like AA/UA should ghost ride these flights for tips on training.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.