FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   Will JetBlue fly nonstop MCO-OAK? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/616196-will-jetblue-fly-nonstop-mco-oak.html)

N830MH Oct 23, 2006 2:49 pm

Will JetBlue fly nonstop MCO-OAK?

Hi all,

I have been found out about information daily passengers flies MCO-OAK but, there are 236 daily passengers flies from MCO-OAK. I think B6 would likely to begin nonstop MCO-OAK anytime soon. I was thinking about jetblue would be same time when will ever start MCO-OAK. It has been doing good for the average more than 230 daily passengers from MCO-OAK. Anyone to give me out when B6 will have more routes to OAK. Thanks all! :)

Regards

jetBlueNYFL Oct 23, 2006 2:52 pm

I agree, I think MCO-OAK is very likely...especially with the recent growth at FLL. Althoguh it is a transcon, the market is still vital and potentially profitable.

My bets for 2007/2008: MCO-OAK, MCO-SAN, MCO-AUS; FLL-LAS!!!

N830MH Oct 23, 2006 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
I agree, I think MCO-OAK is very likely...especially with the recent growth at FLL. Althoguh it is a transcon, the market is still vital and potentially profitable.

And even more FLL-SAN, FLL-SEA, FLL-PHX. I heard O/D 356 daily passengers who flies from MCO-SAN. I have been found out more information with website. Also, there is something else for MCO-SJC has been more than 200 daily passengers. What I can think about airlines should let more nonstop MCO-SJC. :confused:

Here it is with the website came from:

http://www.faremeasure.com/airports/...o_Florida.html

Thanks all! :)

AADC10 Oct 23, 2006 3:20 pm

I think B6 will be slow to add another CA to MCO flight after the failure of BUR-MCO.

Seat13c Oct 23, 2006 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH
And even more FLL-SAN, FLL-SEA, FLL-PHX. I heard O/D 356 daily passengers who flies from MCO-SAN. I have been found out more information with website. Also, there is something else for MCO-SJC has been more than 200 daily passengers. What I can think about airlines should let more nonstop MCO-SJC. :confused:

Here it is with the website came from:

http://www.faremeasure.com/airports/...o_Florida.html

Thanks all! :)

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL

I highly doubt we'll see FLL/MCO-SAN/SEA/PHX/SJC anytime soon. In the long run, I think we'll see some/most of those route but not right now. FLL/MCO-SEA is the least likely out of all of them. Keep in mind. B6's A320's are have difficultly doing the west bound transcons in the winter due to the way the winds blow. FLL-SEA is much longer than anything you'll see BOS/JFK west (closest being JFK-SAN and BOS-LGB).

Probably, MCO/FLL will see AUS...maybe PHX (much longer shot). B6 definately is looking to get going on ORD, pick up STL, and still connect more of the shorter dots before hitting up the dots further away. My premise is what was already mentioned...the failure of MCO-BUR.

SkaterJasp Oct 24, 2006 1:28 am

Originally Posted by AADC10
I think B6 will be slow to add another CA to MCO flight after the failure of BUR-MCO.

BUR-MCO is a compleatly different market than OAK-MCO. A nonstop OAK-MCO flight may even hurt SWA's 1 stop service to MCO... it'll be interesting to see the fare war on this one. I know the one complaint I hear from my friends in the bay area is that its pretty rare to find nonstop flights to MCO for a reasonable price (from any of the bay area airports)... but who knows... it'll be interesting to see.

JetBlueFA Oct 30, 2006 5:41 pm

Not to mention the BUR-MCO flight was strictly for the Disney Execs. I will bet MCO-OAK will be added in the near future. But when is up in the air espeially with us rapidly slowing our growth for next year.

MikeyZBT May 15, 2010 10:17 pm

Any talk of SAN-MCO or SAN-FLL coming up soon??

N830MH May 16, 2010 11:59 am

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT (Post 13965138)

No, not yet. I haven't figuring it out yet.

Seat13c May 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT (Post 13965138)

Highly doubt it. Transcons are expensive to run. One R/T ties up the aircraft for more than half the day at a minimum (12+/- of gate to gate time depening on winds plus atleast two hours of servicing and boarding time).

Granted the CPM might be less on a transcon than a short haul like JFK-BUF, but you can do many more short hauls in a day than transcons. Think alongs the lines of making $100 on 8 short hauls in a day than 3 transcons at $175 of profit each (profit numbers are example only but are there to demenstrate the priciple of the pricing behind the practice).

Unless B6 can make a premium on the flight, it won't be on the top of their list for new routes. Right now, you would be better off hoping for SAN-AUS-FLL/MCO. Even with that being a longer shot right now, it is more likely at this point that doing the trancon.

sbm12 May 16, 2010 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13c (Post 13969765)
Granted the CPM might be less on a transcon than a short haul like JFK-BUF, but you can do many more short hauls in a day than transcons. Think alongs the lines of making $100 on 8 short hauls in a day than 3 transcons at $175 of profit each (profit numbers are example only but are there to demenstrate the priciple of the pricing behind the practice).

Even if the CASM is a touch lower on the transcons the PRASM is generally much higher on the short-haul flights.

And I'm betting that longer routes will be more in the Caribbean and LatAm than on transcons, especially to/from Florida.

Also, as a moderation note, I've updated the thread title slightly to be a bit clearer.

Seat13c May 17, 2010 6:40 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 13969808)
Even if the CASM is a touch lower on the transcons the PRASM is generally much higher on the short-haul flights.

And I'm betting that longer routes will be more in the Caribbean and LatAm than on transcons, especially to/from Florida.[/I]

Oh, no doubt. B6 is making a lot of money off the carribean routes, mostly b/c of the premium they are charging. And people are still going for it. I was merely speaking about US short haul vs US long haul only. But still, you bring up a great point about Carribean traffic that seems to operate under different fare valuation than US long hauls dispite the CASM being close.

MikeyZBT May 17, 2010 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13c (Post 13969765)
Unless B6 can make a premium on the flight, it won't be on the top of their list for new routes. Right now, you would be better off hoping for SAN-AUS-FLL/MCO. Even with that being a longer shot right now, it is more likely at this point that doing the trancon.

I just figured that since there is literally NO AIRLINE flying non-stop from SAN to South Florida, it might be a good market to get into. I know that my wife and I would definitely pay a premium (and even change from our regular DL-only flying) to get a non-stop to visit family in South Florida...

Also, why do you suggest Austin, TX of all places to stop on the way to Florida?! Wouldn't they pick a bigger, more populous city?

JBLU421NYC May 17, 2010 6:53 pm

As a person who is from NYC but is going to school in SEA, I would like to fly jetBlue to Florida (PBI/TPA) but don't want to have to go to JFK to make the connection as I would currently have to. Is there anyt chance that AUS will ever serve more of Florida than just FLL/MCO. Of course that would only make sense if B6 plugged SEA into AUS.

There are so many places within the United States and Canada that I would love to see B6 expand to, of course they have to take it easy and not expand too quickly. If there was expansion at ORD what destination would we be looking at? Also, Seat13c is there slot availability for B6 to expand at ORD?

JBLU421NYC May 17, 2010 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT (Post 13973728)
I just figured that since there is literally NO AIRLINE flying non-stop from SAN to South Florida, it might be a good market to get into. I know that my wife and I would definitely pay a premium (and even change from our regular DL-only flying) to get a non-stop to visit family in South Florida...

Also, why do you suggest Austin, TX of all places to stop on the way to Florida?! Wouldn't they pick a bigger, more populous city?

The only reason why I would think AUS is because I thought they introduced service there as a way to connect the East and West coasts with the E90. They have ORD but if I saw the schedules correctly LGB-ORD is only 1x daily on an A320.