FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   baggage weight changes reminder e-mail (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/614907-baggage-weight-changes-reminder-e-mail.html)

fajimenez Oct 19, 2006 7:00 pm

baggage weight changes reminder e-mail

Received the following e-mail today for an itin next weekend:

Dear JetBlue Traveler,
Thank you for booking your flight with JetBlue Airways; we look forward to welcoming you onboard. We are confident you will enjoy our friendly crewmembers, leather seats, and inflight entertainment. It is our goal that all customers enjoy every aspect of their JetBlue flight.

To ensure a positive JetBlue experience, we want to inform you of our new guidelines for traveling with baggage. As of October 1, 2006, each customer is now limited to two checked bags with the weight of each piece not to exceed 50 pounds and 62 inches in combined length, width and height. Bags weighing between 51 and 70 pounds will be subject to a charge of $20; bags weighing between 71 and 99 pounds will be subject to a charge of $50. (JetBlue does not accept bags weighing over 99 pounds.)

You may check in for your flight online at www.jetblue.com and print your boarding pass up to 24 hours prior to your departure. If you are checking baggage, and the bags are 50 pounds or less and 62 inches or less, you may also check your bags in online, and drop them at the Online Bag Check desk at the airport.

You may bring one bag onboard that fits in the overhead bin plus one personal item (purse, briefcase, laptop, etc.) that fits under the seat in front of you, per customer. If you have a medical assistance item, it will not count as a carry-on.

Your personal item must not exceed 18"l x 15"w x 8"h in order to fit under the seat in front of you. To fit in the overhead bin, your item must not exceed 24"l x 16"w x 10"h.

If you have any questions your can reach us at one of the numbers below and we will be happy to assist you.

If calling within the U.S., Bahamas or Puerto Rico: 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583)
Customers who are deaf or hard of hearing (TTY/TDD): 1-800-336-5530
Thank you for choosing JetBlue and enjoy your flight.

Sincerely,

Jason Ward
Director Customer Commitment
JetBlue Airways

sowalsky Oct 23, 2006 8:44 pm

<start rant>
I never received such an email and when a return leg was scheduled for October 3 (the outbound being on September 23), a $20 fee was imposed. The failure of JetBlue to waive the fee on the expectation that I might pack lighter next time means that my first JetBlue experience will probably be my last.
</end rant>

Seriously, though, in my case, JetBlue had an opportunity to capture a customer with an act that wouldn't cost them anything. Instead, the nickel-and-diming that always put me off of airlines such as Southwest put me off of them as well!

This new weight restriction is a mistake.

jetBlueNYFL Oct 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by sowalsky
<start rant>
I never received such an email and when a return leg was scheduled for October 3 (the outbound being on September 23), a $20 fee was imposed. The failure of JetBlue to waive the fee on the expectation that I might pack lighter next time means that my first JetBlue experience will probably be my last.
</end rant>

Seriously, though, in my case, JetBlue had an opportunity to capture a customer with an act that wouldn't cost them anything. Instead, the nickel-and-diming that always put me off of airlines such as Southwest put me off of them as well!

This new weight restriction is a mistake.

Nickel and diming? Your friends at the legacy airlines charge greater overweight bag fees than at jetBlue where it is now only $20. While I enjoyed the 70 lb. limit, you might want to thoroughly search your email...I received the reminder and know many people who did as well.

I personally feel I get great value at jetBlue.

defiance96 Oct 23, 2006 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Nickel and diming? Your friends at the legacy airlines charge greater overweight bag fees than at jetBlue where it is now only $20. While I enjoyed the 70 lb. limit, you might want to thoroughly search your email...I received the reminder and know many people who did as well.

I personally feel I get great value at jetBlue.

You miss the major point. The idea that they couldn't have a grace period for people who happen to be mid-itinerary when the change happened is just poor customer service.

jetBlueNYFL Oct 23, 2006 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by defiance96
You miss the major point. The idea that they couldn't have a grace period for people who happen to be mid-itinerary when the change happened is just poor customer service.

There certainly was a grace period...jetBlue made the baggage change announcement MONTHS ago. The email reminder was sent out over a week ago.