JFK-SRQ gets second daily flight!

Old Oct 9, 06, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
JFK-SRQ gets second daily flight!

It's about time...seasonal but still good news...

JetBlue to increase flights to New York
SARA KENNEDY
Herald Staff Writer
JetBlue Airways will increase the number of flights between Sarasota Bradenton International Airport and New York around the Thanksgiving holiday, officials said Monday.

The airline will fly into SRQ twice daily between Nov. 19-27.

The schedule calls for an early flight to leave New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport at 7 a.m., arriving at SRQ at 10:05 a.m. A later flight will leave JFK at 9:30 a.m., arriving at SRQ at 12:35 p.m.

The earlier flight then would depart SRQ at 10:45 a.m. and arrive in New York at 1:15 p.m., while the later one would leave SRQ at 1:15 p.m., arriving at JFK at 4:05 p.m.

"It is wonderful to see JetBlue Airways add flights to SRQ, based upon strong demand to and from JFK for the Thanksgiving holidays," said Fred Piccolo, SRQ's president and chief executive officer. "This is a very busy travel period in and out of SRQ; we welcome and look forward to the additional flights."

http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradent...s/15717264.htm
Old Oct 9, 06, 8:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Seasonal?

I think it is a stretch to call 10 days "seasonal" service. I think it is more like extra capacity for a specific event/time than anything else.
Old Oct 9, 06, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by sbm12
I think it is a stretch to call 10 days "seasonal" service. I think it is more like extra capacity for a specific event/time than anything else.
Yes, but there has been talk that this increased service will eventually turn to seasonal or even possibly year-round...at least that's the word on a.net. Keep in mind, this is a brand new route and so far it is working out nicely for jetBlue. SRQ could use the service - even with TPA and MCO not so far.
Old Oct 9, 06, 11:30 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
SRQ is already getting a second daily seasonal flight that runs from February to the end of April. Hopefully loads will be high, and the flight will become year round. Then we can get service to Boston, Washington Dulles, and Columbus, Ohio. (That last one is a big stretch...)

Search this Thread