FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   OFFICIAL THREAD: New Web Site! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/604087-official-thread-new-web-site.html)

jetBlueNYFL Sep 20, 2006 3:10 pm

OFFICIAL THREAD: New Web Site!

I figured I might as well go ahead and start a thread prior to the launch of the new www.jetblue.com. Since our friend, jetblueFA, has pointed out the new site will go live in under 24 hours, let's post all comments to this thread...in an attempt to keep it somewhat organized.

Post all your comments including compliments, complaints, suggestions, etc. here once the new, redesigned site is up and running!

TrueBlueFlyer Sep 20, 2006 10:34 pm

I liked the old site...

owflyer Sep 21, 2006 12:05 am

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
I figured I might as well go ahead and start a thread prior to the launch of the new www.jetblue.com. Since our friend, jetblueFA, has pointed out the new site will go live in under 24 hours, let's post all comments to this thread...in an attempt to keep it somewhat organized.

Post all your comments including compliments, complaints, suggestions, etc. here once the new, redesigned site is up and running!

What's with the colors? The livery has no red or orange, old site was better.

xanthuos Sep 21, 2006 2:34 am

Well I'll be the third to say, I don't like it.

SkaterJasp Sep 21, 2006 2:43 am

aside from the front page, the site looks like jetBlue just used an off the shelf tamplet for the site... the part of the site thats 100% redesigned looks awesome such as the main page and the "about jetBlue" section.... however, the part where theres a mix and match of the new and old layout just doesnt seem to flow right... however, I have to agree that the orange just does not fit in... The site overall feels seem to gear toward having fun more than professional but thats just me... for some reason, don't know why, but first think I thought of when I saw the site was Song... why? I have no idea. At least the Orange matches the vest the ramp crew wears. But I think the site need to be reworked for the layout to actually work better.
:D

PepsiAddict Sep 21, 2006 7:21 am

I'm not such a fan ... like Skater mentioned they look like they are shooting for a "fun" look ... I like something clean and professional myself. Its not the worst I have seen but its definately not the best. It has a look and feel that made me think about the old Independence Air website as soon as I saw it. Definately feels like an off-the-shelf template tho.

I'm sure I'll get used to it tho :-/

j3823x Sep 21, 2006 7:36 am

Has anything besides colors changed?

When going into any of the pages, it looks the same.

trvlr64 Sep 21, 2006 8:20 am

Hey!?......... be HAPPY that it works, unlike the USAIRWAYS.crap fiasco!!! I actually like the color addition. It doesn't look that bad.

jetBlueNYFL Sep 21, 2006 9:26 am

I personally think it will take time for use to "get used to it". After using the old site for 6 years...it's a big adaption to the new one!

I personally don't love it myself. Well, I think the About Us section is cool - I love the new David's log thing. I just hope they don't get lazy and update it on a weekly basis.

As far as colors...there was some orange in the old site (the icons at the top were orange on blue)...the 2 colors seem to go well.

The home page...don't like it that much. It does remind me of the old Song web site - and I HATED everything about Song.

My 1-10 rating for the new site (1 worst, 10 best): 6

vicarious_MR'er Sep 21, 2006 11:00 am

I think it's pretty good. I do agree that it was quite a change in some of the colors and also in the fact that they aren't using the typical stock images of blue skies or soaring planes, etc. on the page to the degree where it almost doesn't look like a travel site until you read the tabs and links. But that's not a bad thing, IMHO.

It's almost Yahoo-esque in a way.

I give it an 8 -- subject to revision when I actually go to the site to DO something rather than just surf around!!

precision80 Sep 21, 2006 11:14 am

I like it, kind of hip. Still no seat maps though :td: !

owflyer Sep 21, 2006 11:38 am

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
I personally think it will take time for use to "get used to it". After using the old site for 6 years...it's a big adaption to the new one!

I personally don't love it myself. Well, I think the About Us section is cool - I love the new David's log thing. I just hope they don't get lazy and update it on a weekly basis.

As far as colors...there was some orange in the old site (the icons at the top were orange on blue)...the 2 colors seem to go well.

The home page...don't like it that much. It does remind me of the old Song web site - and I HATED everything about Song.

My 1-10 rating for the new site (1 worst, 10 best): 6

The site has changed over the years, if you check the archives you can pull it up.

It does have a Song ring to it (not good) and kinda of reminds me of those frivolous SE Asian airlines websites (even worse) very carnival like. Are they trying to convey they are Southwest?

jetBlueNYFL Sep 21, 2006 12:07 pm

No More flightview

One thing I just noticed...when you click Flight Status, it no longer shows the flight tracker!!! Come on jetBlue, get that back on the site!!!

Citiboy45 Sep 21, 2006 12:17 pm

“What would you like to make a question about?” ?????

From the contact us form.

Sounds like a Jedi web warrior... :D

DLDC Sep 21, 2006 12:43 pm

I'm not a big fan on the changes to the home page... the colors are just a tad too bright for me... I mean the colors match with eachother but that light blue is just piercing....