Fares dropping...

Old Sep 5, 06, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Credit Cards
Fares dropping...

I hate when this happens.

Just got an e-mail from JetBlue with the newest promotion.

The more the merrier offer with $59 fares between NYC - FLL

And I thought I got a steal with the $69 fares that I booked thanks to the $10 off Jet Blue friends coupon.

Good things come to those that wait, huh?

--Russ
Old Sep 5, 06, 9:39 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Fares are incredibly low again due to the dead travel season right now...cash flow is the only thing important right now. All airlines do this. At least jetBlue is happy to credit your TrueBlue account with the difference in fare when you call!
Old Sep 6, 06, 12:12 am
Original Poster

is that so?
Old Sep 6, 06, 12:46 am

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Talking

Originally Posted by JerseyVics
is that so?
Yes, if you check your itinerary and the fare on your exact travel dates and flights has decreased since you purchased the tickets, you are entitled to a FULL credit towards your TrueBlue account for use on a future flight within 12 months. The cool thing is the credit can be used for anyone - not just yourself. However, the sale fare you are referring to is for travel of 2 or more people. Be sure to call jetBlue if your fare has decreased....they are always happy to credit me. The only tip I can offer you is to remind the friendly agent to go back into the reservation and assign your seats because usually the system loses it.

It's so nice to know that my airline of choice (jetBlue) gladly offers these credits...others such as DL and AA charge you a penalty before they issue a voucher! Thanks jetBlue, for keeping things simple and doing things the way they should be done!!!
Old Sep 6, 06, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by JerseyVics
I hate when this happens.

Just got an e-mail from JetBlue with the newest promotion.

The more the merrier offer with $59 fares between NYC - FLL

And I thought I got a steal with the $69 fares that I booked thanks to the $10 off Jet Blue friends coupon.

Good things come to those that wait, huh?

--Russ
As jetblueNYFL has mentioned, "The More The Merrier" sale is only for travel of 2 people or more. But, if your former travel plans were for two or more people, DO contact JetBlue and get that credit!

I'll be flying B6 for the first time next Tuesday on their new service of JFK-BNA. I can't wait! I just wish they served as many markets as WN, because I'm ready to find a new "favorite" airline and I love IFE.
Old Sep 6, 06, 7:02 am

Continental...

On the other hand, I'm flying Continental (on a JetBlue route, where they matched the fare sale) in 2 months, and Continental WILL NOT credit the fare downgrade without charging a change fee.

See thread: http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=598437
Old Sep 9, 06, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

today I convinced an employee to cancel his family's $1,200 itinerary on a legacy airline to attend a wedding in Orlando (from NYC) to re-book on JetBlue the more the merrier program for less than half, on a similar itinerary.

he was happy!

--Russ
Old Sep 10, 06, 3:26 pm

I was looking to travel JFK-PBI on November 7th to November 11th. They are not showing the $59 fare, even when I looked the first day when the sale came up. What gives????????
Old Sep 10, 06, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by deltajfk
I was looking to travel JFK-PBI on November 7th to November 11th. They are not showing the $59 fare, even when I looked the first day when the sale came up. What gives????????
The flights that day may have higher loads. As with all airlines, sale fares are limited and depends on a number of factors including availability.
Old Sep 11, 06, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
The flights that day may have higher loads. As with all airlines, sale fares are limited and depends on a number of factors including availability.
I know that I used to work for Delta :-)

My point was I looked the first day the sale came out at 6am in the morning and the $59 fare was not available. My dates are not blackout dates and there is no reason for the sale price not to be there.
Old Sep 11, 06, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by deltajfk
I know that I used to work for Delta :-)

My point was I looked the first day the sale came out at 6am in the morning and the $59 fare was not available. My dates are not blackout dates and there is no reason for the sale price not to be there.
Just because a date might not be a "blackout date" does not mean that the flights are not booking very full. There are TONS of possibilities - for instance, maybe a college basketball team booked a large group that day. Maybe there is a big convention/conference in Miami. etc. etc. Therefore, sale fares on those specific dates might be limited. Also, Thanksgiving is not far behind and NYC-FL airports is a very busy route, as you know especially from DL.

I saw one $59 flight on JFK-PBI for your dates.
Old Sep 13, 06, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by somedude24
On the other hand, I'm flying Continental (on a JetBlue route, where they matched the fare sale) in 2 months, and Continental WILL NOT credit the fare downgrade without charging a change fee.

See thread: http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=598437
United also offers a credit in the form of a voucher if the fare goes down. No penalty fee is assessed.
Old Sep 14, 06, 10:13 am

Programs: Frontier Early Returns, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Maybe there is a big convention/conference
Actually there is a convention going on at the time. Its the NJ Teachers Convention in Atlantic City. All of the public school kids in NJ are off the 8th, 9th, 10th, and the 11th. So flights out of EWR, LGA, JFK, ACY, and PHL are all probably pretty full. I know when I was in school, I had to make reservations 4-5 months in advance to get a decent price to FL for teachers convention.

Search this Thread