FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   The Death of the Cheese & Crackers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/585590-death-cheese-crackers.html)

T/BE20/G Aug 1, 2006 4:33 pm

The Death of the Cheese & Crackers

Effective August 13, the long-haul snack pack (cheese, crackers, and raisins) will be eliminated. Instead, the third service will be a 100-calorie pack of Wheat Thins. Why not just offer the snack basket again so that there's a selection? Who knows... Why not add the Wheat Thins to the snack basket (even if only on the "long-haul" flights)? Who knows... In any event, the cheese and cracker pack will be replaced by 100 calories of Wheat Thins effective August 13. Just a heads up...

TrueBlueFlyer Aug 1, 2006 8:43 pm

Oh noooo

sfozrhfco Aug 1, 2006 11:05 pm

I never ate the processed cheese spread anyway...better off without it...and if it keeps jetBlue profitable...we all benefit

jetBlueNYFL Aug 1, 2006 11:21 pm

I liked those cheese and cracker packs, however I have seen many go to waste on several transcons...IMO, good cost cut on jetBlue's part!

They still have the unlimited snacks variety!

Palal Aug 1, 2006 11:55 pm

Oh well.... Jet blue is now approaching legacy carrier status in terms of food allowances per person :D LOL

Of course they still have TVs which is IMO their biggest selling point.

Dan6681 Aug 2, 2006 11:10 am

That cheese spread was nasty IMHO. I would like some cream cheese based garlic and herb spread with my wheat thins though jetblue :cool: !

JetBlueFA Aug 2, 2006 12:27 pm

We've known for sometime that we where going to do away with the cheese and crackers. We where just trying to out a suitable replacement for them. The cheese and crackers where a great idea, but weren't very well welcomed. The only reason I took them was for the rasiens.

If you wish another snack choice in flight, don't hesitate to ask!. Don't for get we have the "Help Yourself, Snack Bar" set up in the back of the aircraft for everybody!

Jerseyguy Aug 2, 2006 2:02 pm

I'm assuming this is only for Transcons. What kind of snacks can I expect on the 1120a DEN-JFK flight?

Murph Aug 3, 2006 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Dan6681
That cheese spread was nasty IMHO.

I very much agree. Please bring back the soft chocolate-chip cookies!

Buster CT1K Aug 3, 2006 1:44 pm

I also vote for the soft chocolate-chip cookies!

Jerseyguy Aug 3, 2006 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I also vote for the soft chocolate-chip cookies!

Who do you think they are Midwest Express? :D

(I know they are Midwest Airlines now but they will always be Midwest Express to me)

JetBlueFA Aug 11, 2006 9:38 pm

We will now be offering new Wheat Thins! I've served them on several flights already and they are recieving great reviews, a ton more than the cheese and crackers! Not to mention, by making the switch, we will be saving about $1.4 million a year!

The chocolate chip cookies will be making a reappearance in the future. Right now we are looking for a new supplier for the chocolate chip cookies. For the time being we will be offering Oatmeal Raisen cookies, which are just as good and my favorite!

nsx Aug 19, 2006 9:25 am

Originally Posted by T/BE20/G
Why not just offer the snack basket again so that there's a selection?

The snack baskets are gone? When did that happen? I searched the forum but found no mention of it. Please say it ain't so!!!

jetBlueNYFL Aug 19, 2006 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
The snack baskets are gone? When did that happen? I searched the forum but found no mention of it. Please say it ain't so!!!

It definitely ain't so! I think what he meant is that they should do another round with the snack baskets instead of the additional transcon snack box after the first round of snack basket service.

JetBlueFA Aug 19, 2006 7:43 pm

The snack baskets are still around! For a while, while we where in transition between the cheese and crackers and the wheat thins we did do a second basket service. The was quickly stopped as that would kill the supply of snacks for the return trip from the westcoast cities that didn't provision us, SMF, SEA, SJC, BUR, ONT, PDX