Wiki Posts
Search

SYR-BOS on Jul 11th

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:00 pm
SK
Original Poster

SYR-BOS on Jul 11th

As seen on flightaware.com, flight 1264 (normally AUS-BOS) flew from SYR to BOS today. Anyone knows what's the deal?
Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:22 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
I'm pretty sure it was just a diversion due to weather.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EX PLT
Yes. It was reported as a weather related issue.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 12:15 pm
SK
Original Poster

Makes sense.
Can't wait for this route to become a reality (am I dreaming, or is there any chance?)
Old Jul 12, 2006, 3:49 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
I've been hearing that it is in the works. Maybe late this year once we get more 190s online.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by SK
Makes sense.
Can't wait for this route to become a reality (am I dreaming, or is there any chance?)
Yeah, funny enough jetblue want nonstop BOS-SYR. I can't tell you enough for while either way BOS-SYR.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 5:34 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Delta Platinum
I'll add another vote for SYR-BOS. I've flown the US VomitComet enough for one lifetime. Also, I'd add Chicago to my wish list from SYR.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 6:33 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by DrMaturin
I'll add another vote for SYR-BOS. I've flown the US VomitComet enough for one lifetime. Also, I'd add Chicago to my wish list from SYR.
I just did an overnight in SYR, it was my first time in SYR for an extended period of time and actually in the terminal. Nice airport SYR has, and really night that we have our own gate area seperate from the rest of the gates. Not to mention the hotel we stay at gives us a nice brown bag breakfast and other airlines don't get anything! I don't know if it was in the contract we signed or something the hotel does but it was really nice. ^

BTW N830MH you need to tell us when you get Silver Medallion on DL, I wish I got frequent flyer points for working the flight
Old Jul 16, 2006, 2:56 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Delta Platinum
JetBlue's entry into SYR has done wonders for air travel from here. US used to have a virtual monopoly to and from NYC and really gouged us. I once flew from LGA to SYR and was the only passenger (fortunately on someone else's dime) due to the ridiculous prices and stomach churning turboprops. Now, B6 is adding a fourth flight to and from SYR and we fly in comfort. Ain't capitalism grand?
Old Jul 17, 2006, 6:07 pm

Programs: US Gold, Marriott Platinum
Capitalism? Hardly

Originally Posted by DrMaturin
JetBlue's entry into SYR has done wonders for air travel from here. US used to have a virtual monopoly to and from NYC and really gouged us. I once flew from LGA to SYR and was the only passenger (fortunately on someone else's dime) due to the ridiculous prices and stomach churning turboprops. Now, B6 is adding a fourth flight to and from SYR and we fly in comfort. Ain't capitalism grand?
I wouldn't call all of the taxpayer-funded incentives thrown at the LCCs by the Syracuse mayor evidence of capitalism. Lot of good that did with TransMeridian and Independence.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 6:40 pm

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
I swear to god I got on the BOS-SYR "Plane". I thought it was world-war 2 surplus.

Of course being able to watch us land(No cockpit door, as no flight attendant) was rather interesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.