Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New flight Syracuse-Orlando (+ 4th daily SYR-JFK)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2006, 7:35 pm
SK
Original Poster

The story is carried by Syracuse's Channel 9 and Channel 10. Excerpts:

"JetBlue is adding a non-stop flight from Syracuse to Orlando starting July 20th. The flight will be on a 153-seat Airbus 320.

On top of the new Orlando flight, a fourth flight to JFK from Syracuse is being added on November 1st. The flight will be on a 98-seat E190.

JetBlue will receive $575,000 from an incentive fund over the next 18 months. The company will also receive a $60,000 United States Department of Transportation grant."
Old May 31, 2006, 8:18 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Very intersting as this is the first that i've heard about it. It may do very well but i've never been up to SYR so I don't know how the loads would do but I could see us doing it if we get subsidised for it.

Our Airbus have 156 seats and the 190s have 100
Old May 31, 2006, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
JetBlue adds flights to Orlando and New York City

JetBlue adds flights to Orlando and New York City
JetBlue Airways said Wednesday it will begin non-stop, direct flights from Syracuse to Orlando, Fla., July 20 and add a fourth daily flight to John F. Kennedy Airport in New York City Nov. 1.

The airline's announcement followed intense efforts by the city and local business community to persuade JetBlue to expand its service out of Hancock Airport.

Mayor Matt Driscoll and Irwin Davis, president of the Metropolitan Development Association, met with JetBlue executives, including airline founder and Chief Executive Officer David Neeleman, in New York City May 1.

JetBlue will operate one daily flight to Orlando using its 153-seat Airbus A320 planes. The flights will leave at 4:20 p.m. and arrive in Orlando at 7:10 p.m. A daily flight from Orlando to Syracuse will leave the Florida city at 12:55 p.m. and arrive at Hancock Airport at 3:40 p.m.

The new flight to Kennedy will utilize JetBlue's new 100-seat Embraer 190 jet. It will leave Syracuse at 6:55 p.m. and arrive at JFK at 8:10 p.m. A flight will leave JFK at 5 p.m. and arrive in Syracuse at 6:20 p.m.

The Post-Standard will have more details on the airline's announcement and what it means for Syracuse air travelers on Thursday.

--Rick Moriarty

Link
Old May 31, 2006, 8:59 pm

Good move. I'm surprised it took this long, but perhaps B6 was holding out for the incentive. This should be easy money. There's a lot of traffic to Florida from mid-sized northeastern cities like SYR...especially to MCO. I think this is the only non-stop Orlando service SYR's had there for a while. Southwest and AirTran have MCO service from the other major upstate cities. Logical choice for JetBlue to fill the vacuum at SYR. Question now is whether this is the start of a trend. Will we see MCO non-stops from Burlington or JetBlue's other upstate NY markets?
Old May 31, 2006, 9:03 pm

This should do fairly well. AirTran has a few non-stops from Rochester down to Rochester and the few times I've flown them they've had really good load on them. The non-stop was attractive as was the fare, granted I'm not a big fan of the 717, I have ear issues on those planes. I do my best to take jetBlue whenever possible for all the reasons we've said on these boards time and time again.
Old May 31, 2006, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Yeah, I didn't mean know that about B6 is begin new nonstop from SYR-MCO. I can't wait to hear more cities from MCO and it is become eight cities from MCO-BQN, BUR, JFK, EWR, SJU, BOS, LGA and now SYR. It would become an focus city in MCO. What about does passengers will connections for next flight out from MCO? I won't understand why B6 does it again for growth more new service.

What about official announcement from Jetblue tomorrow for SYR-MCO? I will post them in the morning. Thanks!
Old Jun 1, 2006, 5:46 am

JetBlue Syracuse Service Press Release 6/1/06

http://investor.jetblue.com/ireye/ir...item_id=862641
Old Jun 1, 2006, 7:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Way back in the day ValueJet served the MCO-SYR route as well, and I think that it did pretty well. I know that it was relatively full on the couple of times I was on it.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 8:39 am

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
SYR-MCO should work out well. Does anyone have any info on the high landing fees at SYR? I heard something about that a while ago.

I am predicting something like BUF-FLL nonstop to be announced in the near future...just a guess!
Old Jun 1, 2006, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here the official news from Jetblue today:

http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/060601/100019.html

Old Jun 1, 2006, 10:28 am

Programs: UA1K
with flyi gone, do you think B6 will try to strengthen IAD? i'd like to see flights to both BNA and TYS, but i guess i'm dreaming!
Old Jun 1, 2006, 10:53 am

Programs: SPG Gold, United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
SYR-MCO should work out well. Does anyone have any info on the high landing fees at SYR? I heard something about that a while ago.

I am predicting something like BUF-FLL nonstop to be announced in the near future...just a guess!
The landing fees at SYR are going to be subsidized for B6 in response to them adding the MCO flight and another frequency to JFK. As a side note, the non-stop to MCO changes times from a late afternoon flight to a 9:30am departure from SYR sometime in the winter.
FLL-BUF/ROC/SYR/BTV routes are expected to be announced for this winter schedule if jetBlue can get FLL gates, but it is not looking likely.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PanAm330
The landing fees at SYR are going to be subsidized for B6 in response to them adding the MCO flight and another frequency to JFK. As a side note, the non-stop to MCO changes times from a late afternoon flight to a 9:30am departure from SYR sometime in the winter.
FLL-BUF/ROC/SYR/BTV routes are expected to be announced for this winter schedule if jetBlue can get FLL gates, but it is not looking likely.
Why is that for more new nonstop from FLL are expected to be announced later this winter 2006. Does B6 will wait for more FLL gates in the concourse B or C?

Last edited by N830MH; Jun 4, 2006 at 11:48 pm
Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:53 am

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
FLL Gates?????

Originally Posted by PanAm330
Thanks for the explanation about the landing fee subject at SYR.

Regarding FLL gates, not to get off topic here...I fly to FLL extremely often, and I should have asked this a while ago. Sorry if it's been discussed before, but I am not clear on a few things:

1. How do you get from concourse B to concourse C? From what I can see, there are TSA checkpoints at the front of both wings, however no conncetion between the two. If someone has a connecting flight or even a gate change between B and C or even another concourse, do they need to go out of security, walk over and then go through security once again??? Or, is there a secure shuttle bus or something to get you from terminal to terminal?

2. I thought there was an open gate in C...near C4 and C6 - on the right side of C6 in the corner, I believe it might be C8...to the left of that Northwest gate. Who uses that gate? I very rarely see it being utilized.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 9:58 pm
das

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
Over the years, SYR-MCO has been served by a number of carriers - Airtran, US Airways (Metrojet) and Delta (Delta Express). I don't think more than two carriers were ever flying the route simultaneously though.

So Jet Blue is filling a void, which is good news given the delays in the northeast which make connecting to Florida fairly painful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.