These are a few that I can remember:

Blue Monday
Whole Lotta Blue
Me, You, and Plane Named Blue
Hopelessly Devoted to Blue

Sue
Old Aug 27, 2006, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by Coast2CoastScrubs
These are a few that I can remember:

Blue Monday
Whole Lotta Blue
Me, You, and Plane Named Blue
Hopelessly Devoted to Blue

Sue
Welcome to FT!!
Old Sep 6, 2006, 10:49 am

I just flew round trip roc-jfk and both times the planes were parked at gates that blocked the name from view, come to think of it I should've looked for the tail number... is there some other easier way? Is there a plaque somewhere in the front of the cabin to glance at for that info? Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2006, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by jetblue-jfk-roc
I just flew round trip roc-jfk and both times the planes were parked at gates that blocked the name from view, come to think of it I should've looked for the tail number... is there some other easier way? Is there a plaque somewhere in the front of the cabin to glance at for that info? Thanks!
There is a very helpful website that actually lists tail numbers from flights you have taken however it posts a few weeks after I think. I'll find the link and post it later tonight. Usually if you ask the crew, they are happy to find out the name for you.

On Monday, I flew on Can't Stop Lovin' Blue from PBI-JFK.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 9:21 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue
This week I flew:

Can't Get Enough of Blue (JFK-HOU)
Here's Looking at Blue, Kid (HOU-JFK)
Old Sep 10, 2006, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Flew on "If The Blue Fits" for a second time today. JFK-FLL...sold out flight. Surprising for a Sunday afternoon heading south. I usually take this same flight and the load is around 85%...today was 100%.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 5:10 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
No plaque in the aircraft stating the name, but if you give me the date and flight you where on I can look it up for you.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 6:21 am

Hey thanks jetblueFA! I was on #45 on 9/1/06 and #20 on 9/5/06. It was older plane in the fleet for the 9/1 flight.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 11:57 am

9/1/06 Flt 45 was Blues Brothers and 9/5/06 Flt 20 was Betty Blue
Old Sep 11, 2006, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

If you don't catch the name when you fly the flight...try to look at the tail design (there are 7 total) AND more importantly the tail number (usually N _ _ _ JB)...for example, N536JB is Canyon Blue an A320 and N615JB is I <3 Blue an A320. I believe The E190's are lower numbers, like N183JB and N190JB.

Also, if you can't see the tail number...try and look at the front landing gear. Right on the blue flap to the sides of the wheels, there is the tail number as well - just excluding the letetrs (N and JB)...it would say, for example, 544. And that plane name is Blue Jean Baby.

Finally...if you don't get any of this info, when you enter the plane through the front boarding door, there is an FAA certificate right above that exit door, directly infront on 1ABC, adjacant to the front galley and in front of the forward bathroom. This is on the A320 - don't know anything about the E190, sorry. On that FAA certificate is the tail number in small bold type.

Sometimes the crew knows the name or they can look it up for you.

And, the last and most helpful resource is this website someone on a.net posted for me a few weeks ago. Wait a few weeks/months after the flight, and then go to the site and enter the airline, departure city, arrival city and date. All the flights that airline flew on the route will appear. Look for you flight number and the aircraft tail number will be right beside it!! Here's the link (I think I click on airborne time...it's the only place I find the tail numbers.)

http://www.bts.gov/programs/airline_...ledStatistics/

Once you have the tail number, just look it up on the webpage on angelfire (which is somewhat up to date)...the link was posted earlier in this thread.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 3:02 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
Smile The planes I've flown...

Big Thanks to JetBlueFA for the info on Plane's that I've flown recently, which include:

Absolute Blue
All Because of Blue
Baby Blue
Bahama Blue
Blue Sapphire
Blue-T-Ful
Canard Blue
Forever Blue
Wild Blue Yonder
Whole Lotta Blue

Big Thanks to JetBlueNYFL for the info on the Tail #'s kinda cool to see how old the planes are and stuff... the oldest and most recent planes I flew include:

Wild Blue Yonder and All Because of Blue (doesn't even show up on the Angelfire list yet)

thanks!

--Russ
Old Sep 14, 2006, 5:52 pm

I see that Jersey has, but has anybody else flown on N635JB "All Because Of Blue"? The plane was delivered in April '06 and I already hate that plane! I flew it today on the MCO-JFK run and what a P.O.S she already is, maybe not for a customer standpoint, but to work it was a pain! We walked onboard this morning to 5 MEL items! 5!! One of the items could be concidered serious (can't give the specifics to that specific MEL), not an issue of flight but serious none-the-less. On departure from MCO and JFK there was a really funky sound (sounded like crumpling paper) coming from the 1R door, the TVs wouldn't reset to original brightness after being put into standby, the aft galley floor was already peeling, and several other issues.

Not to mention I believe that she was in MCO yesterday when I arrived with her #2 engine in pieces and being replaced

What are the doing over there in France? I've had model airplnes from minicraft built better than that aircraft!!
Old Sep 14, 2006, 9:58 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
I think the only problem I remember from that flight was one of the rear bathrooms being out of order... other than that it was fine mechanically (I hope) the FA was real funny... made jokes throughout the flight making fun of himself and other FA's, and answered every call from the flight deck: "Thank you for calling Dominos, pick up or delivery?"

--Russ
Old Sep 18, 2006, 7:47 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue
Last week:

JFK-BOS If the Blue Fits (A320)
BOS-JFK Luiz F. Kahl (E190)

At BOS Gate 28, it's difficult to see the name or tail number, but you can get a good view from the seating area in the food court.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

This past Friday, I flew on N526JB (the former Cool Blue) from FLL-JFK. It was most likely one of the last flights with this aircraft for jetBlue. On a.net, there are some photos of the "all white with blue engines" A320's - those are the planes being sold by jetBlue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.