Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by JerseyVics
Just flew:

Out of the Blue
Bravo Lima Uniform Echo

JFK-ROC
ROC-JFK

--Russ
That second one is really creative. I like it. Is it on an E190 or A320? And when did it go into service?
Old Jan 27, 2007, 12:12 pm

Programs: I fly whomever offers the best flight(s) where and when I want to go (with some exceptions...)
Originally Posted by Bidkat
Allso saw All Because of Blue readying for takeoff.
I was on that bird not that long ago:

Last 2 JB flights of mine:
JetBlue#420, 12Jan, PHX->BOS, N635JB, "All Because of Blue"
JetBlue#419, 15Jan, BOS->PHX, N615JB, "I Heart Blue"
Old Jan 27, 2007, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by Seat13c
That second one is really creative. I like it. Is it on an E190 or A320? And when did it go into service?
I believe Bravo Lima Uniform Echo is on an A320 and is very new (not sure the exact date it entered service), but definitely within the past few months.

It's a very creative name - however every crewmember I speak to says the same thing about that name...for us aviation enthusiasts, it is great, but for the other 99% of people who fly, they just don't/won't get it!

I think jetBlue should post a sign in the front of each cabin stating the name of that particular aircraft...just an idea, and it would help us identify the names that much easier!
Old Jan 27, 2007, 1:13 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
I believe Bravo Lima Uniform Echo is on an A320 and is very new (not sure the exact date it entered service), but definitely within the past few months.

It's a very creative name - however every crewmember I speak to says the same thing about that name...for us aviation enthusiasts, it is great, but for the other 99% of people who fly, they just don't/won't get it!

I think jetBlue should post a sign in the front of each cabin stating the name of that particular aircraft...just an idea, and it would help us identify the names that much easier!
Yeah, I picked up on it right away where bravo lima unifom echo came from. I actually knew it from when I was a fire department dispatcher.

For those who don't know, the names are uniformed names to accompany the first letter of the spoken word in an effort to spell some thing out over the radio. In this case, Bravo Lima Iniform Echo spells out BLUE (by taking the first letter of each word). This is done to avoid mistaking one letter for another. For instance, the letters B and V or M and N are pronounced very simulary. So you will hear over the radio for an airline or police department the words Bravo and Victor for the letters B and V or Mary and Nancy for M and N. On occasion people will substitute different words for the same letter. In the town I usued to work the radios for, a few of the guys would substitute the word boy for B instead of Bravo. Nevertheless, the word still goes with the first letter. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Army was responsible for the developement for this; later it was adopted by the airlines, police and fire.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 5:55 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
Smile

I picked up on it too and actually tried to post a new thread about it sitting there across from me covered in about three inches of snow in the early morning but the local WiFi provider required me to sign up for their service as I hit submit and the thread was lost.

But regardless it was a brand new plane!!! I always take a peak at the little black label on the inner part of the door with the serial number and this one had 2006 on it. It had both XM Radio and Satelite TV and brand new controls for the volume, XM, channels, etc. It was really cool.

It also had that brand new feel to it, was very smooth on landing and overall I was really impressed.

--Russ
Old Feb 14, 2007, 11:42 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
Out of the Blue (Again)
Yes, I'm a natural blue
Old Feb 18, 2007, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
I flew on Baby Blue (stripes tail, N521JB) FLL-JFK last night.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 2:31 am

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
Here's my new name proposal for the next A320 to be delivered...

Parked in the Blue Zone

Old Feb 18, 2007, 11:36 am

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
How about "You can hold your breath until you're Blue, but we're not going out of our way to help you!"
Old Feb 18, 2007, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
How about WeBlueIt Bigtime.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 4:26 pm

Programs: eleVAte (Virgin America)

Last edited by Absinthe; Jul 21, 2007 at 3:09 pm
Old Feb 19, 2007, 12:57 am

jetGlue

Or jetGlue, as one of the morning TV shows called it while showing a plane stuck to the tarmac.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 3:01 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Regards to all....

Let's stay on-topic, please.

Discussion of moderation, personal attacks on other posters, off-topic or obscene/poor-taste posts are unnecessary and have been deleted.

Can we return this to the enjoyable and lighthearted thread it was?

cblaisd and SanDiego1k
Senior MOderators
Old Feb 19, 2007, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Flew on "Whole Lotta Blue" JFK-FLL today. plaid tail, N594JB

XM and new screens installed.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 8:43 am

Song sung BLue
Out of the Blue
Baby BLue

Last edited by gleff; Feb 22, 2007 at 10:02 am Reason: removed improper content

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.