Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The JetBlue Plane Name Game

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2006, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
I took my very first B6 flight today (very impressed) but forgot to take a peek at the front of the plane for the name.

I flew flight 301 IAD-FLL. Any way to find out which plane I flew?
Glad you enjoyoed your first jetBlue experience!

Someone at B6 may be able to tell you the name of the plane faster, but if you are patient here is a VERY good, helpful link. It goes as far back as 10 years, however the info for specific flights loads about 3 months after that flight. So, the extreme wait is the downside but if you plug in the date, origin, destination and airline, a full list of flights on that date with that airline on that route will come up. I click on "airborne time" to find this info. The tail number for the plane that operated your flight will be there...to find the name, just plug the tail number into the jetphotos.net or a.net database or look it up on the fleet lists poosted on reply # 13 of this thread.

http://www.bts.gov/programs/airline_...ledStatistics/

good luck and have fun!
Old Nov 1, 2006, 7:11 pm

Programs: True Blue, Hertz #1 Club, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Welcome to FT!

If you take a look at reply # 13 on the first page of this thread, I posted links to the A320 and E190 fleets - including name, tail design, tail number and delivery dates. They are very accurate (fairly updated) lists!

Wow! Thanks.

Incredible amount of data. ^
Old Nov 1, 2006, 7:34 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Neat link. I've bookmarked it; thanks.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 8:33 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
I did notice that Sacré Bleu is already in use. Those JetBlue folks are pretty clever!

Thats the plane I flew tonight FLL-IAD
Old Nov 14, 2006, 9:18 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue
I've flown on two A320s so far this week:

JFK-BOS: La Vie en Blue
BOS-JFK: Forever Blue
Old Nov 19, 2006, 9:21 pm

Two more:

Bippity Boppity Blue (JFK-DEN)
Bluesville (DEN-JFK)

The airport crew at DEN announced the name of the plane before we boarded, which was helpful since there wasn't an easy way to see the name from the terminal. I haven't heard the plane name announced in a while, so it would be nice if some of the other cities started doing this.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 6:25 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage
I recently flew on Mystic Blue and Sacre Blue JFK-FLL and FLL-EWR
Old Nov 22, 2006, 10:11 am

Flew on Blue Yorker N605JB still has the old LCDs installed. ROC - JFK uneventful standard fine jetBlue flight.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
I flew on Betty Blue (N556JB) last night. Newer screens but no XM yet.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 4:57 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by subwaybill
Two more:

Bippity Boppity Blue (JFK-DEN)
Bluesville (DEN-JFK)

The airport crew at DEN announced the name of the plane before we boarded, which was helpful since there wasn't an easy way to see the name from the terminal. I haven't heard the plane name announced in a while, so it would be nice if some of the other cities started doing this.
It is suppose to be done at every city now as part of our revised inflight experience guide. 90% of the announcements are now made on the ground to provide a better IFE experience. The inflight announcements (from the cabin crew) are very brief and to the point. The long 10,000ft announcement is gone as well as the initial descent announcement. The pilots on the other hand, still drag out their announcements. I figured they would be very quick with theirs as they have to be a speed talker to get a word in the NYC Center and approach, go figure.

As part of the new announcements the ground crews where suppose to come onboard and thank you for flying and what not and also state the name of the aircraft. If they don't I ususally try and find out the name and say it during out intro PA.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
It is suppose to be done at every city now as part of our revised inflight experience guide. 90% of the announcements are now made on the ground to provide a better IFE experience. The inflight announcements (from the cabin crew) are very brief and to the point. The long 10,000ft announcement is gone as well as the initial descent announcement. The pilots on the other hand, still drag out their announcements. I figured they would be very quick with theirs as they have to be a speed talker to get a word in the NYC Center and approach, go figure.

As part of the new announcements the ground crews where suppose to come onboard and thank you for flying and what not and also state the name of the aircraft. If they don't I ususally try and find out the name and say it during out intro PA.
Cool! Thanks for the info. DEN did seem to be following a new script, since the announcements for the JFK flight were almost identical to the ones for the BOS flight that boarded while I was there. (It was kind of interesting to listen to a Frontier flight board one gate away. They announced 24 channels of DirecTV for $5 and movies for $8. A few minutes later, the JetBlue announcement talked about 36 channels of DirecTV for free.)

I like the concept behind the changes - customers don't like their TV time being interrupted. I'll be listening more carefuly to the announcements on my next few flights. Change is good!

Bill
Old Nov 26, 2006, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Just flew on N644JB, JFK-FLL. Brand new with XM! Still didn't have a chance to find the name...will post it later.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 8:17 pm

644 is "Blue Loves Ya' Baby?"
Old Nov 26, 2006, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
644 is "Blue Loves Ya' Baby?"
Thanks!! Flight was great as usual...
Old Nov 27, 2006, 9:07 pm

I don't even want to comprise the list of aircraft that i've flown on. I would be here for some time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.