Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The JetBlue Plane Name Game

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2006, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
I read a joke on another forum that they wanted to rename Canyon Blue (the one which made the successful emergency landing at LAX in Sept.) to "Blue My Tires"

I don't think that would go over too well.....
Old May 17, 2006, 8:29 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
100% rumor. The rumor actually gained some steam and the company sent our a memo stating that they had no intention of renaming Canyon Blue. I've flown that aircraft several times and it still is a great bird to fly on. I had no reservations getting onboard when I saw her show up on my pairing.
Old May 17, 2006, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
100% rumor. The rumor actually gained some steam and the company sent our a memo stating that they had no intention of renaming Canyon Blue. I've flown that aircraft several times and it still is a great bird to fly on. I had no reservations getting onboard when I saw her show up on my pairing.
Yes, I know it was 100% rumor...please read my post first. I said I read a joke ...I know it was nothing official. Just thought it was funny.

N536JB (Canyon Blue) is a great aircraft and was back up in service about 10 days after the incident back in Sept.
Old May 19, 2006, 6:51 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
Blue Balls..lol
Old May 20, 2006, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

haha, Blue Balls. Don't know how an 80-year old grandmother would feel flying on a plane with a name like that!

How about Bling Bling Blue??

Yersterday, JFK-FLL, I flew on Out Of The Blue (I think it's one of their oldest ones and it still flies smoothly!)
Old May 21, 2006, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
haha, Blue Balls. Don't know how an 80-year old grandmother would feel flying on a plane with a name like that!

How about Bling Bling Blue??

Yersterday, JFK-FLL, I flew on Out Of The Blue (I think it's one of their oldest ones and it still flies smoothly!)
It's amazing isn't it that a five-year old plane doesn't fall apart

That reminds me of flying from IND to DTW in November on a NW DC9-30. There were only two passengers on board and I had a chance to chat with the pilot. This specific a/c was buit in 1967. Even it flew smoothly!

BTW, although the only other passenger and I sat in FC, I would honestly say I prefer the service on a virtually full B6 flight. JetBlue is great.
Old May 21, 2006, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
A few more ideas for JetBlue's marketing

. The Blue Period
, which would be designed by Paloma Picasso (JetBlue's Unconditional guarantee of excellence)
Blue Man Group The name JetBlue could give its elite TrueBlue flyers (200 pts or more per year)
Blue in the Face JetBlue's commitment to keeping its customers informed of anything (as in, we'll make sure you stay informed until we're Blue in the Face).
Blue Fin (I have already suggested this one) the $5 drink coupon
BlueThrough
The name given to a quick connection

Last edited by TWA Fan 1; May 21, 2006 at 9:25 pm
Old May 22, 2006, 8:01 am

Programs: NW Gold, United Premier, Hertz 5 Star, Priority Club PLT, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Yes, I know it was 100% rumor...please read my post first. I said I read a joke ...I know it was nothing official. Just thought it was funny.

N536JB (Canyon Blue) is a great aircraft and was back up in service about 10 days after the incident back in Sept.
I dont care about the airplane... I want the pilot that landed it on my flight!!
Old May 22, 2006, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by sh9168
I dont care about the airplane... I want the pilot that landed it on my flight!!
How about called Fly By Blue, Blue Ocean in Group, Fly Blue Jays.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 8:42 am
Original Poster

On 5/19, I flew on Out Of The Blue, one of the older ones and on 5/23, my parents flew on All We Need Is Blue.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 8:05 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue
More Plane Names

Adding to my list, I flew Rhythm & Blues JFK-BOS (the 8AM flight is an A320). I returned on an E190, but didn't catch the name.

Also flew Betty Blue JFK-LAS.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Flew to New Orleans this weekend. Flights were great as always.

Outbound from JFK was one of the earlier ones, "Blue Skies"...the third plane in the fleet.

Return flight to JFK was "Ole Blue Eyes."

Post your plane names please!!
Old Jun 13, 2006, 11:11 am
tjl

Programs: AS,WN,UA,B6,hotels
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
It's amazing isn't it that a five-year old plane doesn't fall apart

That reminds me of flying from IND to DTW in November on a NW DC9-30. There were only two passengers on board and I had a chance to chat with the pilot. This specific a/c was buit in 1967. Even it flew smoothly!
Northwest seems to have some antiques flying around. I had a flight on a DC-10 in 2002 and a DC-9 in 2003.

Back to Jet Blue airplane names -- does the name Canyon Blue have anything to do with Southwest changing its color scheme (Southwest's magazine describes the color that it is changing the top of its airplanes as Canyon Blue)? Song Sung Blue seems to be a reference to Delta's Song...
Old Jun 13, 2006, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tjl
Northwest seems to have some antiques flying around. I had a flight on a DC-10 in 2002 and a DC-9 in 2003.

Back to Jet Blue airplane names -- does the name Canyon Blue have anything to do with Southwest changing its color scheme (Southwest's magazine describes the color that it is changing the top of its airplanes as Canyon Blue)? Song Sung Blue seems to be a reference to Delta's Song...
Canyon Blue entered the fleet back in May 2002, so I doubt it.

Song Sung Blue was the first A320 to wear the "bubbles/super-dots" tail design and it debuted in Jan. 2003 as a funny response to the launch of Delta's Song. There is a picture in Blue Streak with David Neeleman holding a bottle of spraying Coca Cola (From Delta's hometown, Atlanta) in front of that aircraft.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Friday, JFK-FLL on Blue Moon
Today, FLL-JFK on La Vie en Blue (A Blue Life)

Any plane names to post???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.