The JetBlue Plane Name Game

Old Oct 3, 2007, 7:03 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
When was your JFK-FLL on Blue Belle? I flew her on that route on 9/24.
I missed you by a few days - flew down to FLL on 9/27. Looks like the Blue Belle made a few trips to FLL last week!
Old Oct 6, 2007, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
flew N627JB, A Friend Like Blue, FLL-JFK today. XM installed.

Last edited by jetBlueNYFL; Oct 8, 2007 at 3:19 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 8, 2007, 3:06 pm

Programs: DELTA Skymiles:GOLD
Flew "Song Sung Blue" yesterday from SEA-JFK. I tried buying a movie twice but it froze at the same spot both times.....On the advice of Henry and the rest of the crew, I "spoke up" and recieved a $10 check from jetblue to cover the 2 movie swipes (Check is in the mail).

Otherwise a nice pleasant flight across our lovely country.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
flew N591JB, Tale of Blue Cities, JFK-FLL today. No XM. 30-minute departure delay due to low pressure rear lavs. One up front worked fine. The captain announced "liquids in the back, everything else up front please!" We arrived in FLL right on time, thanks to the extra padding.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 4:30 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by Playsmart
Flew "Song Sung Blue" yesterday from SEA-JFK. I tried buying a movie twice but it froze at the same spot both times.....On the advice of Henry and the rest of the crew, I "spoke up" and recieved a $10 check from jetblue to cover the 2 movie swipes (Check is in the mail).

I'm glad the flight went well other than the movie issue. In case some on gets the same seat as you before "the problem" get fixed, what seat were you in on "Song Sung Blue" ?
Old Oct 8, 2007, 7:08 pm

Programs: DELTA Skymiles:GOLD
Originally Posted by Seat13c
I'm glad the flight went well other than the movie issue. In case some on gets the same seat as you before "the problem" get fixed, what seat were you in on "Song Sung Blue" ?
I was at seat 20F
Old Oct 16, 2007, 3:18 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Playsmart

I've had that problem onboard on a particular aircraft. The movies froze halfway though and then restarted. I don't remember which aircraft it was though. The new policy is if you have onboard TV difficulties (DirecTv not working or what not) and you go to the speak up section the company will send you a travel voucher.

Also, I've been getting this more and more and have been telling people that are onboard my longer flights (flights with movies) to make sure they get the screen that says "Press channel up button to accept charge" after you swipe your CC card. If you don't get that screen your card hasn't been charged and you won't be able to watch the movie beyond the initial 30 minutes. After that 30 minute preview the systems locks out the movies and there is nothing I can do to bring them back. Since I fly the 190 a majority of the time I usually don't run into these problems but just an FYI for all of your Bluers out there.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 3:19 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Recently flew on our newest 190s recently; Caribbean Blue, Good,Better, Blue and Indigo Blue.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 9:29 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
Smile

flew "Can't Get Enough of Blue" JFK - ORD this morning

--Russ
Old Oct 22, 2007, 11:35 pm

Talking wow

flew "Blue is so You" E190 on ORD-JFK a few hours ago

was served by the JetBlue celebrity, with her very own blog: Amanda www.jetblue.com/cities/jfk/blog/

what a gorgeous flight attendant and very bubbly, all smiles and courteous when interacting with passengers. thats what they all should be like!

--Russ
Old Nov 4, 2007, 9:39 pm

Smile

flew the following:

Tuesday 10/30: JFK - LAS on "Bravo Lima Uniform Echo"

Saturday 11/03: LAS - LGB on "Blue Begins With You"

Saturday 11/03: LGB - JFK on "Song Sung Blue"

good times!

--Russ
Old Nov 18, 2007, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

tail 646, Bravo Lima Uniform Echo on 11/17 PBI-JFK. Thanks to JetBlueFA, I am corrected on the aircraft I flew on. Would have been on Baby Blue but switched flights last minute.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
tail 646, Bravo Lima Uniform Echo on 11/17 PBI-JFK.
Damn... she gets around!

--Russ
Old Nov 18, 2007, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JerseyVics
Damn... she gets around!

--Russ
Old Nov 27, 2007, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Interesting chain of events on Absolute Blue...

Flew on Absolute Blue, JFK-PBI yesterday. 10am departure, pushed back at 10:05am...perfectly fine. Taxi out a few feet and stop. Right away, I knew it was ATC, and the rainy weather was not helping either. Looking out the left window, I still saw jetBlue's T5/6. I was watching TV for about 15-20 minutes while we were stopped, when I heard a flight attendant call button ding. Then, again and again...about 5 quick dings in a row. By the third I thought it was a kid playing around. A second later, a series of about 20 dings really fast, when halfway through I rip my headphones off (because it was very loud!) and looked up to see the FA running through the aisle. 2 rows behind me, in row 13 was an older man who passed out. Everyone was turning around and looking with such scared faces. His wife, as expected, was freaking out. One FA went to the back to get a medical emergency kit and made an announcement asking if a Dr. is on board. A gentleman a few rows up stood up and proceeded to walk over. At this point, I learned something I would not have thought of myself - always ask for ID first, to make sure it's really a Dr. and not some nut! The Dr. could not find a pulse. Thankfully, after about 5 minutes the older man slowly woke up. By this time, the captain was notified and we had just begun to taxi back to the gate. The wife said, "No! Let's go to Florida, he will be ok!" Of course, the FA said "Not happening!" He was able to walk off, slowly, and we saw an ambulence pull next to the aircraft a few minutes later.

I've experienced a medical emergency on board (in flight) once before this, and no diversion was needed, about 70 miles from JFK. This was a scary experience, with everyone fearing the worst. Thankfully, he was ok to walk off, but I don't know his status past that. The crew did a great job in being professional and keeping others calm. Although, after some refueling and a 40-minute gate delay, we pushed back to find ourselves with 21 airplanes in front for departure. That's when the whole plane started getting up to use the lavs and of course the FA could not keep the pax seated, and we had to park for a few additional minutes because of those idiots!

2.5 hour flight to PBI, spent 5 total hours on Absolute Blue...Other than that, great, smooth flight.

Last edited by jetBlueNYFL; Apr 20, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.