Wiki Posts
Search

EWR Gates

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2005, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Jetblue
EWR Gates

Rumor is that Jetblue has picked up either one or two more gates at EWR. It sounds like they may be expanding out of Newark, which makes sense because they have seen strong loads out of EWR. Can anyone on this board confirm this?
Old Nov 11, 2005, 7:25 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Originally Posted by prhs1989
Rumor is that Jetblue has picked up either one or two more gates at EWR. It sounds like they may be expanding out of Newark, which makes sense because they have seen strong loads out of EWR. Can anyone on this board confirm this?
Thats what several Jetblue employees are saying over at a.net. Latest "unoffical" word is that B6 has 1 additional gate now which they appear to be currently using on overflow on the FL flights (A18) and another secured for the 1st Quarter 2006

Unfortunately these gates aren't together but I don't think thats a problem if B6

A. Doesn't schedule any connections
B. Preferably one gate is not in the B terminal

Jason
Old Nov 12, 2005, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Jetblue
Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
Thats what several Jetblue employees are saying over at a.net. Latest "unoffical" word is that B6 has 1 additional gate now which they appear to be currently using on overflow on the FL flights (A18) and another secured for the 1st Quarter 2006

Unfortunately these gates aren't together but I don't think thats a problem if B6

A. Doesn't schedule any connections
B. Preferably one gate is not in the B terminal

Jason
If the gates are split up, it will probably be another FLL situation. Take whatever gates you can, and hope that they are nearby. Shouldn't be too much of a problem as I doubt there are any connections.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 4:19 pm

I don't know about next year but Jet Blue just moved into A-18 which was occupied by ATA who pulled ou at the end of October, bringing Jet Blue's gates to 3. Two of them being leased from Continental.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 4:43 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Originally Posted by DH Employee
I don't know about next year but Jet Blue just moved into A-18 which was occupied by ATA who pulled ou at the end of October, bringing Jet Blue's gates to 3. Two of them being leased from Continental.
Continental?? Continental?? Are you sure? I can't imagine CO leasing gates to B6. I thought that A21 and A22 were Port Authority owned gates
Old Nov 13, 2005, 2:39 am
ISP

All wrong. JetBlue is taking over a gate from United in the A terminal, same gate which UA 93 left from on 9/11/01.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 2:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Yes, United and Jetblue now share a part of Terminal A.. and it makes things very crowded in the morning for security line.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 8:38 pm

Yeah no way is CO leasing B6 gates... in fact CO is shifting flights to gates in A to take up more space and crowd B6 out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.