Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EMB-190 Inaugural report Nov 8

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2005, 7:56 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Best Seats & Standby Benefit With B6

Hi,
I am wondering how the leg room is in row 1 on the E190? I thought I read somewhere, perhaps for the Airbus, that row 1 in addition to the rows beyond 13 have more leg room as well? Also can anyone confirm if row 25 seats recline more than say row 13? I have booked some BOS IAD trips on the E190 at the $25 introductory fare. One other thing I found interesting is that JetBlue allows standby on the first flight of the next day if you are booked on the last flight of the night, and standby on the last flight of the night before if you are booked on the first flight of the following day.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Originally Posted by HepperSchepp
N184JB Outta the Blue (Note Live TV and XM Radio is not installed yet)

Fly Outta the the Blue, get $5 off a future Flight!!

Thank you for flying with JetBlue Airways on flight #1003 from Boston on November 12, 2005. We apologize that the DIRECTV® programming was inoperable during your flight.

As a gesture of apology and goodwill, we have issued each customer on your flight a $5 JetBlue electronic voucher.
Does anyone know if this plane has DirectTV yet? I will be flying B6 for the first time on Wed 12/7 JFK-BOS and hope to see what all this B6 hype is all about and to experience a brand new type of plane. It would really leave a bad impression if the TV isn't going to be on. I'm taking Eagle back so I hope I'm lucky and get one of the other 2 planes if this one doesn't have TV.

The report was very helpful too, thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2005, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Got to fly B6 today for the first time JFK-BOS. A lot less fanfare than Carfield's flight. Security was a breeze - got through in less than 5 minutes, boarding was uneventful and the brief inflight service was good. The inflight entertainment was a cool feature. Only problem? They subbed an A320! I was really interested in trying out a new type of plane so I was quite disappointed There was an E190 parked at Boston which I assume was down mechanical. I took Eagle back (needed the miles) and admit that for this route, B6 was way better. The same A320 was used back to JFK so even if I did take B6 both ways, it would not have been in an E Jet.

For someone who never flew B6 before, I was quite impressed with their product, outstanding customer service and inflight entertainment. However, most of my flying will still be with AA since I do several JFK-LAX and int'l flights a year with upgrade opportunities. If I do need to go to BOS, I wouldn't hesitate to take B6 as long as I don't need the miles. I would even take them over the shuttles. I would also take them if they ever took over JFK-IAD that DH no longer flies. Used to see many B6 crews deadheading when I flew DH. Does anyone know if this is a possibility down the road?
Old Dec 7, 2005, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by RxCapt
There was an E190 parked at Boston which I assume was down mechanical.
Sounds like an awful lot of probs for a brand new plane! Sounds like there might be some serious mechanical/design issues with this pup. I hope it's something minor that they figure out how to deal with post haste! If not, Embraer is gonna be toast!
Old Dec 9, 2005, 5:47 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RxCapt
I would also take them if they ever took over JFK-IAD that DH no longer flies. Used to see many B6 crews deadheading when I flew DH. Does anyone know if this is a possibility down the road?
My fingers are crossed for IAD-JFK. That would make me very happy.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
I flew JetBlue BOS-JFK RT this week on the EMBRAER 190 and I think they still have a lot of kinks to work out for this route. A trying experience:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503820

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.