Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Employment Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2009, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by SDCA
The OP asked a question about being an "employee" of the airline. My statement was an incident regarding an "employee" of JetBlue.

Ok. I will start another thread regarding "employee" of JetBlue.
The OP asked about the process of becoming an employee. The article refers to an incident that occured over a year ago between a flight attendant and a JetBlue employee. So because both ideas have the word "employee" in them, they're related?
Old Jan 26, 2009, 9:34 am

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Aaron was right on with everything. Just want to add that for this position you will also take a PAT (physical abilities test) around the same time as the drug test/background check, should you make it to that point. The PAT for Airport Ops (customer service/inside) is a lot easier than the PAT for Ground Ops (ramp). Basically, you will need to show that you can lift up to 70 lbs. (ie. a customer's bag)

Best of luck!
the PAT was easy but the most pointless thing i did at training.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by caphis
The OP asked about the process of becoming an employee. The article refers to an incident that occured over a year ago between a flight attendant and a JetBlue employee. So because both ideas have the word "employee" in them, they're related?
Either way, that link doesn't seem to load for me. Oh well, back to the topic at hand....

Last edited by tmm1012; Jan 26, 2009 at 9:09 pm
Old Jan 27, 2009, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
Thanks for the additional info, jetBlueNYFL. One other question I do have...do travel privileges (i.e. complimentary SA travel) apply to part time employees as well? Are they any more limited than for full time employees? Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2009, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by sunshine-state
Thanks for the additional info, jetBlueNYFL. One other question I do have...do travel privileges (i.e. complimentary SA travel) apply to part time employees as well? Are they any more limited than for full time employees? Thanks!
All employees including PT get full travel benefits this includes free unlimited standby for You & your parents/Spouse and one significant other. Kids too if you have any. Your specific station might also have agreements with other airlines. So you don't necessarily have to travel on B6. Where i worked we had agreements with WN, AS, CO, HA.

Also if there's only a limited seats left on a flight it's not based on seniority on who gets them but it's based upon who checked in for the flight first. So in essence in doesnt matter who you are in the company- everyone is treated the same in terms of the free travel perks. and for obvious reasons- if your family members are traveling without you they will get prioritized lower on the standby list.

if you do get the job definitely take advantage of the travel benefits. I know i certainly did. It's the best in the business from what i've heard.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
All employees including PT get full travel benefits this includes free unlimited standby for You & your parents/Spouse and one significant other.
You can take your spouse and your significant other? B6 is even more liberal than my company...
Old Jan 28, 2009, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by KD5MDK
You can take your spouse and your significant other? B6 is even more liberal than my company...
No, you can only have a spouse or significant other, but not both.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by caphis
No, you can only have a spouse or significant other, but not both.
If you had both, ideally you'd want to keep those two as far away as possible, of course! Maybe the flight would be away from the spouse, to get to the significant other.....
Old Jan 29, 2009, 6:42 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Kids are only if they are under 18 or a full time student. The policy changed just after I joined JetBlue. It use to be your kids could fly no matter what age as long as you were a crewmember. Those of us hired before the change are grandfathered in but the children policy is pretty much the same as all other airlines. Not to mention you get quarterly buddy passes that you can hand out to whomever you want.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by aaron1262

Also if there's only a limited seats left on a flight it's not based on seniority on who gets them but it's based upon who checked in for the flight first. So in essence in doesnt matter who you are in the company- everyone is treated the same in terms of the free travel perks. and for obvious reasons- if your family members are traveling without you they will get prioritized lower on the standby list.
Humm, close but not quite right. While anyone with a company ID can ride non rev on the Flight attendants extra seats (3 on the 320, 1 on the 190) the flight attendants from B6 have priority over anyone else on the seniority check in list. If there are 4 people listed non rev, one is an FA, one pilot, one ground, and it's a full load 190, the Fa will be boarded first, and sitting in the extra jumpseat.

Good luck with the job interview. I live in Tampa and during training at JBU I stayed at the hotel, provided by B6, until our early release saturday, then I'd drive home, and return Sunday night. It was a much needed break.

Let us know how you make out.

Last edited by flying4aliving; Jan 30, 2009 at 6:35 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jan 30, 2009, 6:32 pm

sorry, can't figure out how to delete an error
Old Feb 6, 2009, 2:25 pm

Ground ops

I applied for grounds ops back in november and my app is still under consideration. I made it to the last stage and submitted my finger prints 12/30. How long does the hiring process usually take?
Old Feb 6, 2009, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by flyGelofly
I applied for grounds ops back in november and my app is still under consideration. I made it to the last stage and submitted my finger prints 12/30. How long does the hiring process usually take?
i would try to contact whoever you talked to last either through email or phone. It took me about a two weeks?
Old Feb 10, 2009, 9:21 am

Ground ops

Originally Posted by aaron1262
i would try to contact whoever you talked to last either through email or phone. It took me about a two weeks?
I call my recruiter twice a week but she doesn't call me back. I'm thinking they just haven't put together a good enough class for training. How many people were in your training?
Old Feb 10, 2009, 11:10 am

Programs: AA, LH FTL, BA, US, DL, UA, AF, Hilton, Priority Pass, Priority Club
Originally Posted by flyGelofly
I call my recruiter twice a week but she doesn't call me back. I'm thinking they just haven't put together a good enough class for training. How many people were in your training?
My fingerprinting was in April, and my class began the last week of May, but that was a while ago. The class had about 20 people (half GO, half Provo).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.