Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Jetblue coming to Miami... Well Maybe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2005, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Jetblue

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/today/sky.htm

If anyone subscribes to the Miami Herald, they would have seen the long article about Jetblue and Miami. (The article is also online, but I can't get the link, so got the abbreviated version on USA Today. 5th one down) In short, MIA would offer free fees for one year for any new carrier or existing carrier that opens a new destination. Apparently, Jetblue and Miami are very close in coming together and they could possible start service next January, according to the Herald.

I think this is interesting as this may be a threat to Fort Lauderdale. Jetblue has maxed out FLL, so their expansion there is on hold. And the airport doesn't anticipate to grow for a while. On the other hand, there is a lot of space at MIA. And B6 already has the South Florida name, so they wouldn't have to worry too much about attracting customers.

If they did open, Neelman said they may start flights to Boston, IAD, JFK, LGB, and OAK, according to the Herald. IMO, I think they should keep a small presence at Fort Lauderdale and expand at Miami. Jetblue might have the edge over American, seeing that AA is strecthed out right now. They are battling the expansion of Airtran at DFW and, indirectly, SW/ATA at MDW. It would be interesting to see Jetblue take on the behemoth AA at Miami. I think they might be able to win the fight. (And please don't bring up Atlanta, because that seems to be the only thing that people who hate Jetblue remember.)
Old Mar 31, 2005, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP-1MM, SPG Gld, HH Silver, Skymiles, Marriott Silver, Hyatt GP Plat , CO Peon, Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by prhs1989
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/today/sky.htm

If anyone subscribes to the Miami Herald, they would have seen the long article about Jetblue and Miami. (The article is also online, but I can't get the link, so got the abbreviated version on USA Today. 5th one down) In short, MIA would offer free fees for one year for any new carrier or existing carrier that opens a new destination. Apparently, Jetblue and Miami are very close in coming together and they could possible start service next January, according to the Herald.

I think this is interesting as this may be a threat to Fort Lauderdale. Jetblue has maxed out FLL, so their expansion there is on hold. And the airport doesn't anticipate to grow for a while. On the other hand, there is a lot of space at MIA. And B6 already has the South Florida name, so they wouldn't have to worry too much about attracting customers.

If they did open, Neelman said they may start flights to Boston, IAD, JFK, LGB, and OAK, according to the Herald. IMO, I think they should keep a small presence at Fort Lauderdale and expand at Miami. Jetblue might have the edge over American, seeing that AA is strecthed out right now. They are battling the expansion of Airtran at DFW and, indirectly, SW/ATA at MDW. It would be interesting to see Jetblue take on the behemoth AA at Miami. I think they might be able to win the fight. (And please don't bring up Atlanta, because that seems to be the only thing that people who hate Jetblue remember.)
Airtran is not representing much of a challenge to AA at DFW as they only have somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 flts a day compared to almost 900 by AA. Since the DL pullout the flights at DFW are most AA flight I have been on are pretty much flying at capacity.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
I would love to see MIA-SAN. Nobody -- not even AA -- flies this route nonstop. And WN only flies FLL-SAN with two stops! Looks like a great opportunity for an LCC on this route.

Last edited by justageek; Mar 31, 2005 at 3:22 pm
Old Mar 31, 2005, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Jetblue
Originally Posted by chsb
Airtran is not representing much of a challenge to AA at DFW as they only have somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 flts a day compared to almost 900 by AA. Since the DL pullout the flights at DFW are most AA flight I have been on are pretty much flying at capacity.
Right now, yes, but they just moved to terminal E, where the gates are endless. I think they acquired at least one more gate, so I wouldn't be surprised to see more flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.