Wiki Posts
Search

Don't Kill Me But....

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2005, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold
Don't Kill Me But....

I'm sorry in advance for such a mundane question that would be best answered via a FT search, but I am new to Blue and wonder when you recommend I start searching for tix in November. Thanks in advance in addition to apologies.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 8:11 am

Once the tickets open up for sale for November I would buy them. If the fare lowers you can always call JetBlue and ask for a credit in the amount due back to you (they wont issue a refund rather a credit to fly them again). Its a no-lose situation. I have about $215 in Jetblue credit left to use.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 9:44 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite, Starwood Gold, Kmart ShopYourWay Rewards
Last year, around July and August, the carriers started a fare sale for the slower months (sept-nov, except Thanksgiving/holidays). Also, if you wait, there might be some deals. Last year on Song, they had something like book a flight in July, fly in the slow season and get 5000 bonus miles and another promo, book in Aug fly in September a couple times and get a free ipod or something like that. Not sure if any airline will give away more stuff for $100 tickets again, but personally, I'd wait. The fares aren't going to skyrocket (at least not foreseeably) unless you're flying Thanksgiving.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
Originally Posted by bursa
Last year, around July and August, the carriers started a fare sale for the slower months (sept-nov, except Thanksgiving/holidays). Also, if you wait, there might be some deals. Last year on Song, they had something like book a flight in July, fly in the slow season and get 5000 bonus miles and another promo, book in Aug fly in September a couple times and get a free ipod or something like that. Not sure if any airline will give away more stuff for $100 tickets again, but personally, I'd wait. The fares aren't going to skyrocket (at least not foreseeably) unless you're flying Thanksgiving.

Are you on Song's payroll? I have never seen someone go out of their way to mention an airline so out of context with a general conversation. Its really annoying.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 5:39 am

You haven't in 2 years as a member? I have several times in a month of membership LOL
Old Mar 16, 2005, 6:17 pm

Programs: Skyteam/Delta Silver Medallion, Starwood Gold Preferred
Originally Posted by kdinino
Are you on Song's payroll? I have never seen someone go out of their way to mention an airline so out of context with a general conversation. Its really annoying.
I don't see what's so out of context...it concerns possible promos for the time of year the OP mentioned and with airlines that fly the pretty much the same routes.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold
Let me clarify what I was looking for as this is getting beyond the scope of what I intended. I simply wanted to know when JB will be releasing November tix. That's pretty much it. Shopping for Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, looks like all nonstops from FLL to BOS will be a fortune. Purchased a one stopper on Delta for 200 bucks RT. Moot point for me at this point. Thanks for the feedback to all.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 8:05 pm

Programs: Jetblue
Originally Posted by p8riotsfan
Let me clarify what I was looking for as this is getting beyond the scope of what I intended. I simply wanted to know when JB will be releasing November tix. That's pretty much it. Shopping for Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, looks like all nonstops from FLL to BOS will be a fortune. Purchased a one stopper on Delta for 200 bucks RT. Moot point for me at this point. Thanks for the feedback to all.
My guess is that they will release it when they release the Christmas tickets. I would guess that they will release the ticket sales in late april or early may.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 8:41 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite, Starwood Gold, Kmart ShopYourWay Rewards
Thanksgiving is usually expensive; $200 is a great deal no matter what airline, although you'll have to stop...(well, some FTers like stops)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.