Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The best seat...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2005, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

The best seat...

Im flying from Long Beach to DC. I dont care about when I get on/off the plane. I just want the most comfortable seat. This is my first time on Jet Blue...help me out!!!
Old Mar 3, 2005, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
Go to the airport early and get an exit row seat! If not, than any seat behind row 12 will have a few more inches of legroom, so get a row after 12.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

my only thing with the exit rows are I like window seats so I can lean against the wall. On some airlines this is rather tricky. I might be getting a little speceific here, lol, but anything helps.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
get row 13 window seat...or row 14 window seat--you catch my drift
Old Mar 3, 2005, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL Platinum & MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Actually, you may be able to get the exit row ahead of time.

I happened to be talking to a coworker yesterday while he was booking an April ticket to MSY and noticed that the exit row seats were available to be selected. He got the standard warning (age, understand instructions, blah blah) to accept before being assigned the seats.

I then called JetBlue and got my seats in May to LAS changed to the exit row. She said that you can now get them when booking (but there's still no way no change seats online after the ticket is purchased).
Old Mar 3, 2005, 11:47 pm

11ABCDEF and 12ABC are exit row seats now available for selection via online booking, online check-in, as well as kiosk check-in.

As to the best seat - anything behind row 11 is great - 34 inches of seat pitch in the non-exit rows which is fairly roomy, and 32 in rows 1-10.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 3:05 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
How much leg room is there in Row 1?
Old Mar 4, 2005, 8:38 am

There is a lot.. I'm not sure on a number, but usually when I fly JFK-RSW I get row 1, and the funny thing is a couple of times they offered it to me, and i'm not in need of it.. I'm 5'7 and have nothing wrong with me.. I think its because I used to always request it.

But I enjoy it!
Old Mar 6, 2005, 5:50 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
LOVED Seat 1 C since I had plenty of legroom and first off of the plane.

Another thing that is nice is the "window" instead of the wall. This made it feel like I was riding in the front seat of a car and is good for anyone who might be a little claustrophobic. Seats 1 D,E,F DO HAVE the solid wall in front of them.

I did not find it enjoyable to watch TV in 1C since the tiny 5 " TV was too far away. My seatmates agreed with me. (One way to make new friends!!!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.