Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue fleet overhauls done in El Salvador

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue fleet overhauls done in El Salvador

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2005, 10:23 pm

airliners.net has a photo of a jetBlue plane in Canada getting its engine serviced and the info reads "Regular event here, jetBlue has their engines serviced here in Canada"

Just thought I'd add..
Old Feb 26, 2005, 10:46 pm

Outsourcing

I think that is a common practice nowaday. I believe that NW has a A330-200 repairng station at ICN, and CO's Boeing 777s are sent to HK once a while for checks. CX, QF, and various airlines also send their a/c to Xiamen for maintenance... I am more opposed to outsourcing due to the reason of protecting jobs in the US or the local origin... but with a strong agency like FAA, no airlines will dare to risk safety over any factors...

Carfield
Old Feb 26, 2005, 10:58 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite, Starwood Gold, Kmart ShopYourWay Rewards
Originally Posted by Carfield
I think that is a common practice nowaday. ... I am more opposed to outsourcing due to the reason of protecting jobs in the US or the local origin... but with a strong agency like FAA, no airlines will dare to risk safety over any factors...

Carfield
I believe some airlines (jetblue and one or two others that I forget) have their major maintenance work done in Honduras. And about the outsourcing...I disagree but won't publicly duke it out on the B6 forum.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 1:24 pm

Plane maintenance seems to be a very effecient use of outsourcing. The most effecient would be to have it done at the hub where the planes are parked. But trying to do heavy work at JFK sounds like a recipe for high expenses. If you are going to fly a jet somewhere, the cost to get to Hondorus is probably not that much different than to Indianapolis or some other US city. Since most planes will end up in Florida anyway, it may be cheaper.

Haven't most cases of maintenance related crashes been due to performance of US maintenance teams?
Old Mar 30, 2005, 6:49 am

Programs: Jetblue
Jetblue ain't the only one

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/...lta-cuts_x.htm

Seems that Delta is now outsourcing a lot of their maintenance and cutting the jobs of 2000 mechanics. It also has a chart that shows the percentage of maintenance work that is outsourced by all american airlines.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 5:14 am

Yeah JetBlue has maintenance done by ACTS in Winnipeg. The way we heard the news about Delta was that they were cutting 2000 jobs in the company, not 2000 mechanics because of the outsourcing to ACTS (which will add 300 jobs in Vancouver).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.