Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

why does JetBlue still refuse to show available seat assignment BEFORE buying online?

why does JetBlue still refuse to show available seat assignment BEFORE buying online?

Old Jul 19, 2004, 12:43 am
barkingcat

Old Jul 19, 2004, 12:32 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
Originally Posted by barkingcat
Maybe not enough people contact them about adding that feature? They need alot of stuff on their reservation portion of the website like being able to book a circle or open-jaw trip.
Old Jul 20, 2004, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by SkaterJasp
Maybe not enough people contact them about adding that feature? They need alot of stuff on their reservation portion of the website like being able to book a circle or open-jaw trip.
Since all travel is one-way, you can book them into separate itineraries for the same price. It is not as convenient to not have them listed under one PNR, but you are able to do it.
Old Jul 20, 2004, 4:39 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
Originally Posted by audio-nut
Since all travel is one-way, you can book them into separate itineraries for the same price. It is not as convenient to not have them listed under one PNR, but you are able to do it.
Thats what I've been doing =o) but would be nice if I can do all that with 1 reservation instead of having going through the same reservation process over and over just to get 1 trip organized.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5 Mil, UA Global Services, BA Gold, DL Diamond, SPG Plat75, Hilton Diamond
Gradual IT upgrade

I agree with SkaterJasp. I think B6 may be able to put this on their IT roadmap, if more of us contact them regarding this.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by enjoystravel
I agree with SkaterJasp. I think B6 may be able to put this on their IT roadmap, if more of us contact them regarding this.
I don't think the problem is with B6's IT department. The management or the beancounters wanted the seat map hidden before purchase. This makes more financial sense to them... (at least that's what my CTM told me)
Old Mar 21, 2007, 7:32 pm

I got an idea! Charge like a dollar for each time you want to see a seat map for a flight that you have not booked yet! jetBlue will make a ton of money like that!
Old Mar 21, 2007, 7:42 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
You guys crack me up. Is my memory correct: Didn't JetBlue promise to add this functionality over a year ago?
Old Mar 21, 2007, 7:55 pm

Programs: Jetblue
Originally Posted by nsx
You guys crack me up. Is my memory correct: Didn't JetBlue promise to add this functionality over a year ago?
My understand was (is) that there was no official announcement, but there were employees from Jetblue who expected that the change would be happening soon. Apparently, when Jetblue changes from (correct me if I'm wrong) Open Skies to New Skies, the feature will become available to Jetblue's use. Other members seemed to come to the understanding that when the feature became available, it would be only accessible to those in TrueBlue (Free registration).
Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:43 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
This is such an old thread.

As I've mentioned numerous times, seat map viewing before purchase will be available to TrueBlue members shortly. Once the new res system is in place, it will be introduced. Since the introduction of the new system has been delayed, be a little more patient...
Old Mar 22, 2007, 9:28 am

Programs: SkyMiles, Dividend Miles, True Blue, Membership Rewards
As I've mentioned numerous times, seat map viewing before purchase will be available to TrueBlue members shortly. Once the new res system is in place, it will be introduced. Since the introduction of the new system has been delayed, be a little more patient...
But they have lost money and are loosing money because of it. This should have been done years ago. 3 of us wanted to travel together. Being the cheap SOB I wanted to take DL which was $20 or so less per ticket. The other 2 people wanted B6 for the better seat pitch / TVs / Etc. We knew there were seats together on DL. B6 would have been a guess. We took DL, saved a bit of money I was happy. It was an ex song bird anyway so we still got our TV. Funny part is, when I'm at home 200+ channels and nothing on. Why do I think there is going to be something better on when I'm at 35,000 ft with less channels?

-Dave
Old Mar 22, 2007, 10:27 am

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by MrDave
But they have lost money and are loosing money because of it. This should have been done years ago. 3 of us wanted to travel together. Being the cheap SOB I wanted to take DL which was $20 or so less per ticket. The other 2 people wanted B6 for the better seat pitch / TVs / Etc. We knew there were seats together on DL. B6 would have been a guess. We took DL, saved a bit of money I was happy. It was an ex song bird anyway so we still got our TV. Funny part is, when I'm at home 200+ channels and nothing on. Why do I think there is going to be something better on when I'm at 35,000 ft with less channels?

-Dave
If you called 1-800-JETBLUE, the phone agent would have gladly looked up available seats on your specific flight before purchasing the ticket online...therefore, it would not have been a "guess" with jetBlue.

As far as nothing good on TV...that's just you. Most of the American population usually finds something good. Even at strange hours, there are good reruns or funny infomercials on TV. With 36 channels, I have a choice of sports, news, comedy, etc. This, in addition to 100+ channels of great XM music and 3 movies for $5 each.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 10:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz 5*, Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
This is such an old thread.
This is the irony of the situation; it is such an old issue!

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Why would seatmaps be available to just TrueBlue members before purchase? Just a theory, but maybe non-TrueBlue members won't get assigned seats anymore until checking in?
Old Mar 22, 2007, 12:01 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, Dividend Miles, True Blue, Membership Rewards
If you called 1-800-JETBLUE, the phone agent would have gladly looked up available seats on your specific flight before purchasing the ticket online...therefore, it would not have been a "guess" with jetBlue.
Didn't know that. Is it on the website anywhere? Can they hold the seats?

As far as nothing good on TV...that's just you. Most of the American population usually finds something good. Even at strange hours, there are good reruns or funny infomercials on TV. With 36 channels, I have a choice of sports, news, comedy, etc. This, in addition to 100+ channels of great XM music and 3 movies for $5 each.
The TV depends on when you are flying, during the day was not so bad, but the 36 channels are severely limited on the red eye. (Unless you like infomercials.)

Yes the music is good but, having one of the 1st MP3 players out there (Rio PMP300) I have been bringing my own tunes on flights for almost a decade.

And for some reason (oh, yeah I'm cheap) $5.00 for a PPV movie that cable has for $1.99 just annoys me.

-Dave
Old Mar 22, 2007, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by j3823x
Why would seatmaps be available to just TrueBlue members before purchase? Just a theory, but maybe non-TrueBlue members won't get assigned seats anymore until checking in?
Not going to happen. JetBlue prides itself on being a "new and improved Southwest" which plays a huge role in pre-assigned seating for all customers.

Seat map viewing before purchase will be available to TrueBlue members as an incentive to join the TrueBlue program. As we all know, a loyalty program is a source of revenue, and as the program continues to grow (with new features/partners to be introduced within coming years), jetBlue will try to capture the attention of those customers not already rolled in the program. It's free to join, so technically anyone will be able to view the seat maps before purchase once it is finally introduced

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.