Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

why does JetBlue still refuse to show available seat assignment BEFORE buying online?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

why does JetBlue still refuse to show available seat assignment BEFORE buying online?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2007, 12:45 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Rumor has it a viewable seatmap will be available when the full switch over occurs. The company is slowly switching the reservation system over from my understanding.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's the latest on this? Need to purchase 3 tickets but will only fly B6 if we can get 3 seats together or in a configuration that will be easy to swap with someone on board. Even if I can't view online, you're saying if I call they'll be able to at least tell me what's available, even though I'll have to purchase online to avoid paying a surcharge?
Old Nov 18, 2007, 5:27 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Originally Posted by ijgordon
What's the latest on this? Need to purchase 3 tickets but will only fly B6 if we can get 3 seats together or in a configuration that will be easy to swap with someone on board. Even if I can't view online, you're saying if I call they'll be able to at least tell me what's available, even though I'll have to purchase online to avoid paying a surcharge?
Yup. Seems counterintuitive, and definitely not good for B6 (taking up agent's time without collecting surcharge), but without the online capability to do this, that's really the only way.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA GS (1MM), DL Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Avis CC
True, as of now only agents have access to seat maps to all flights. I know IT has been very busy lately with changes to the kiosk check in and some other essential software updates. A couple changes to internal reservations have been put on the backburner for a while because of how busy IT has been. I would bet that adding this feature may be something that is also somewhere down the queue unfortunately.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 1:03 am

Programs: US Gold, AA Gold
I have called and spoken to an agent when I needed to book 3 seats together.

Told the agent my concern and after she confirmed they were available (and where they where located), I hung up and booked on line, thereby preserving the on-line booking bonus. The only risk with this is if it's such a crowded flight that the 3-seat row might be gone between speaking to the agent and booking on line, but you can ask the agent if that is a risk on your flight.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 10:24 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Like SteveHK said, a lot of projects where put on the back burner in order to run some major updates through the kiosks as well as updating the operational software after February 14th. Once those are complete the IT guys might take a look at the website.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 8:04 pm

I once purchased 2 tickets and then discovered that there were not 2 seats together. However, I sent jetBlue an e-mail and a couple days later they gave me new seats that were together.

They apparently have ways to fix it. At least sometimes. So don't give up if the seats are not together.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:26 am

Programs: UA GS (1MM), DL Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Avis CC
Originally Posted by Bobster
I once purchased 2 tickets and then discovered that there were not 2 seats together. However, I sent jetBlue an e-mail and a couple days later they gave me new seats that were together.

They apparently have ways to fix it. At least sometimes. So don't give up if the seats are not together.
Yep, just some advice, if you couldn't get seats together, anyone at the airports can work that magic on MiniSoft (our check-in/seat assignment/everything program) if you call or stop by the ticket counter or gates. But be aware: reservations at 1800JETBLUE do NOT have access to this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.