Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Kiosks at JFK starting today, February 3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2004, 8:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Well this is great news. I'm flying tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">BUSINESS TRAVEL
Speeding Flight Check-In at Self-Service Kiosks

By DAVID JONES

Published: February 3, 2004

Do-it-yourself check-in kiosks have sprouted up in airports, and lots more are coming.

Since the fall of 2001, when new security rules slowed passenger check-in to a crawl, airlines have doubled the number of self-service kiosks, to 3,000. Make that 3,001: Today, JetBlue Airways plans to introduce the first of 150 self-service kiosks it will install around the country at its hub terminal at John F. Kennedy International Airport. JetBlue, whose passengers book about 75 percent of their tickets online, worked with I.B.M. to develop a kiosk with extra large interactive screens.</font>
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/03/bu.../03kiosks.html
Old Feb 3, 2004, 2:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I'm perplexed by this announcement. I used self check-in kiosks in both directions, OAK-JFK, back in November. Is it a new kind of kiosk, or are there just more of them?
Old Feb 3, 2004, 9:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Yeah. I've used JetBlue kiosks for months. I wonder what's up.
Old Feb 7, 2004, 11:44 pm

I used one the other day at Kennedy. They are different and while they look all spiffy, they basically do the same thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.