NOW YOU KNOW- JET BLUE IS A SCAM

Old Sep 16, 03, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

NOW YOU KNOW- JET BLUE IS A SCAM

Look back on this site, you doubters. You were warned. Jet Blue, the new "chic" airline is an audacious rip-off and a scam. The business model is BAIT AND SWITCH. This is accompanied with a media blitz with no compairson in aviation history. Lot's of seemingly smart people saying "They have television." Well they don't have any upgrades ever, they don't have any meals ever, they don't have any frequent flier miles (or rewards that are worth anything) and guess what, THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE LOW FARES. People who must have taken one flight in their life jam travel magazines with voting for Jet Blue as the best airline around (because they flew once and managed to snag a tightly controlled low fare to the docklands area of Oakland) Several times since this scam was launched, I called this airline and NEVER got a fare that wasn't ridiculous. Tommorow morning in America, some of our most gullible fellow citizens will be standing behinding you holding Jet Blue Tickets that cost $500 because they bought into this ridiculous hype. A low fare airline that has no benefits and treats its customers like cattle should at least have, LOW FARES, no?
Old Sep 17, 03, 6:05 am

Spending too much time in Amsterdam's hash bars, I take it?
Old Sep 17, 03, 7:51 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by odnyc:
Well they don't have any upgrades ever, they don't have any meals ever, they don't have any frequent flier miles (or rewards that are worth anything)</font>
Have they ever claimed to have any of these?
What is the last time you ate a domestic coach meal that has been worth eating?
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
and guess what, THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE LOW FARES. Several times since this scam was launched, I called this airline and NEVER got a fare that wasn't ridiculous. </font>
Please define! OW max is $299
Tomorrow morning in America, some of our most gullible fellow citizens will be standing behinding you holding Jet Blue Tickets that cost $500 because they bought into this ridiculous hype.</font>
Max is $299. What is your preferred airline's max?!?
A low fare airline that has no benefits and treats its customers like cattle should at least have, LOW FARES, no?</font>
Cattle car? B6 offers more width than AA and the rest (sans a few UA, NW and US Airbus) and now offers more pitch (34") than every airline except UA's E+ (which is spotty on long haul aircraft and at best only offered in a few rows, and AA's MRTC which they have started dismantling (20% gone by 12/31/03).
I guess the cattle like the advance seating, no fee stanby, $25 change fee, and the can do attitudes of the employees.
As for fares, again the max is $299 so....

[This message has been edited by audio-nut (edited 09-17-2003).]
Old Sep 17, 03, 9:53 am

B6 is definitely not my primary airline - and I fly them only occasionally, but I have to disagree with original post in this topic.

audio-nut has it right when he points out that JetBlue does not try to be what its not. It doesn't advertise or offer upgrades, they are very obvious in informing their passengers of the BYO food policy, and front line crews are consistently customer-friendly.

It's not about what they don't offer, but rather about what they do offer - and how they are consistent.

Every time I step on a JetBlue flight...I know what I'm going to receive for my fare. With other airlines - it can be a toss up.

Just my opinion
-Chris
Old Sep 17, 03, 11:47 am

[This message has been edited by wmbarker (edited 09-17-2003).]
Old Sep 17, 03, 11:49 am

Plus, you could buy a roundtrip fare for $200 from Ft. Myers to JFK leaving the night before Thanksgiving and returning the Sunday after Thanksgiving (11/30). Fare was still available last week. The other airlines are already charging $600+ for the same flights and aren't non-stop. How is this bad?

Aussiemate
Old Sep 17, 03, 12:34 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 3MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Try DL coach. You'll appreciate Blue.
Old Sep 17, 03, 4:45 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); soon formerly LEXington, KY; otherwise around and about
Programs: DL still sort-of Elite; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
Don't fly them if you are dissatisfied.

That is my solution.
Old Sep 18, 03, 5:09 am

Programs: Ex-Continental Platinum Elite, HHonors Diamond Preferential VIP, Former Continental Platinum Elite
I have not flown them (yet), but I am happy that they are in business. Why? Because their position in the marketplace forces my primary carrier (NWA) to be more competitive.

As far as I am concerned, David Neeleman is ensuring that I get my NWA upgrade for considerably less money on my transcons to NY.

Thanks David!

------------------
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been,and there you will forever long to return." Leonardo da Vinci

"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travelís sake. The great affair is to move; to feel the needs and hitches of our life more nearly; to come down off this feather-bed of civilisation, and find the globe granite underfoot and strewn with cutting flints."

Robert Louis Stevenson

200 nights/200 legs a year
Old Sep 18, 03, 10:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

odnyc, you have a track record of besmirching JetBlue. Why write in caps? You have an agenda and thus your credibility is diminished. Look at your older posts. You never responded to anyone who questioned your statements.

They don't have low fares? I guess you read only your own words. I'd rather hear from FTers like dhammer. Bye, troll.

[This message has been edited by Analise (edited 09-18-2003).]
Old Sep 18, 03, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

people can read what i have said and compare your responses and make their own judgments. When I first pointed out that this airline is a scam (except for its super rich spinmeister CEO), there was silence. And now look what they're saying on this forum about its no benefits, rip-off bait and switch business model. The more the posters look closer, the more it becomes obvious. And I never attacked you. I'll probably chat again after your next 5,000 posts.
Old Sep 18, 03, 6:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
odnyc writes:

"guess what, THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE LOW FARES"

This weekend I'm flying B6 SAN-SYR for $263 r/t. CO & Company were over $500. Hardly a scam to me. If Blue doesn't work for you then don't fly them. You can have my 31 in. pitch coach seat on CO.

[This message has been edited by 777 (edited 09-18-2003).]
Old Sep 18, 03, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA and CX. (Disgruntled UA Lifetime Plat) - No hotel loyalty anymore
Hmmmm, I used to recall paying $800 for JFK-Upstate NY runs prior to B6 showing up... Now I pay FAR less...

I don't understand why people position Frontier, JetBlue and others into the "PREMIUM" airline category on comparisions... Some people need to get a life.

Side note.. .I know this person HASN'T flown JetBlue... or clearly DOESN'T fly US domestic flights... as the "cattle" comment applies more to Southwest, yet you don't see us slagging off Southwest...
Don't like Jet Blue... well go get the capital, the fleet, the employees and do something better instead of being an armchair airline commentator.

[This message has been edited by NickP 1K (edited 09-18-2003).]
Old Sep 18, 03, 10:39 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, RCCL CAS D+, B6 TrueBlue, VX eleVAte, HHonors, SPG, AAdvantage, andAS MilagePlan.
I agree with everyones reply and also everyone know that jetBlue doesn't offer any meal onboard their flights but the thing is if you look at American Airlines, their idea of a meal on a domestic flight is a stupid bistro bag and theres nothing in there but a stale sandwich and snacks that are horrible. If you ask me, I think jetBlue have a way better snack selection and I'll take jetBlue's snacks over American's Bistro Bags.
Old Sep 19, 03, 8:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 777:
odnyc writes:

"guess what, THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE LOW FARES"

This weekend I'm flying B6 SAN-SYR for $263 r/t. CO & Company were over $500. Hardly a scam to me. If Blue doesn't work for you then don't fly them. You can have my 31 in. pitch coach seat on CO.
</font>
And that is why he is a troll. QED

Search this Thread
Search Engine: