NOW YOU KNOW- JET BLUE IS A SCAM

Old Oct 21, 06, 1:48 am
Suspended

For Y flyers, JetBlue is probably the best choice in terms of comfort and service, particularly the extra legroom in the back of the plane

For UA E+ flyers, UA offers a worldwide route system however their NY routes are weak

For other Y flyers, particularly CO, DL and AA - JetBlue is like waking up in heaven

For F flyers or those who uses status/miles to Upgrade, the legacy carriers offer better seating, free drinks and very average, usually unhealthy meal service but far more comfort than B6

I think depending on which bucket you fall into, one is going to feel strongly about why their airline of choice is better. No question though the majors all missed the boat in believing you can't have a big domestic op at JFK - I think they watched TW try and fail. Only one w an excuse is CO since they are already set up at EWR, but what major airline wouldn't want a major hub at New York.
Old Oct 21, 06, 3:23 am
formerly B7e7US
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott Gold, Thalys Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz PC, Other shiny cards
All I have to say to this guy is that every time I want to fly to NYC from SLC I can book the flight a couple of days before and spend 1/4 - half of the price that the same route has in DL or CO, the schedule is really good cause I leave SLC @ 11:00 pm so I can do whatever I want on that day and can rest on a DECENT seat, have some entertainment just in case I want to stay up for a couple of hours, and can ask for seconds and even third snack. Never get my outbound flight delayed, OLCI is fast, arrive at NYC around 6 am and have a whole day to do whatever I need in NYC and then take the flight back home at 8:00 PM and arrive at home around 11 pm. You made your post without thinking about those passengers who find their lives more simplify flying with Jetblue. If B6 it's a SCAM, why they move the largest domestic amount of passengers @ JFK?
Old Oct 21, 06, 3:56 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, RCCL CAS D+, B6 TrueBlue, VX eleVAte, HHonors, SPG, AAdvantage, andAS MilagePlan.
Some can argue jetBlue can be a rip off and a scam... Some can argue that jetBlue isn't.... I for one, for sure, dont think its a rip off and a scam. True, jetBlue can be expensive at times... but with me, even on personal travels, if jetBlue flies there, or within a reasonable driving distance, they will be the ONLY airline I look at before making reservations for my trip. I know that sometimes I can pay alot more than if I were to fly on, let say, Southwest or American... but I do know for a fact that when ever I'm on another airline, I'm always thinking one of these stuff:
1- That's it? only 1 snack selection? jetBlue gave me a bunch of stuff to pick from.
2- Where's the self service snack bar in the galley? oh wait, this isn't jetBlue.
3- That seat back is pretty boring... I read this article like a million times already in this inflight magazine... 4 hours to go.
4- They really need to fix that TV monitor, everythings like a different shade of purple... can't believe their forcing us to watch this.
5- What's this metal bar doing in this seat cushion?
6- I hope the guy infront doesnt recline... i wish theres like 3 more inches.
7- Why is the flight attendent soo angry? It's not like she's getting fired... oh wait, nevermind, she might get laid off next week.
8- I can't believe they call this an airplane...
9- They call this first class? jetBlue offers way more in coach than on this old first class seat. Where's the food... you figure they at least give you something more than these not so warm nuts.
10- That's it? wheres the can? :::rings the flight attended call button::: uhhh can I (get interupted by an angry flight attendent saying "WHAT?! would you like?)

What it came down to, after flying jetBlue a few times, is that when ever I fly another airline, theres always at least a couple of moment during that "experience" wher I'm thinking to myself... I wish I'm on jetBlue right now. It's not always the DirecTV, hell, DirecTV wasn't even on the first E190 flight I took nor was it working on at least 2 flights I've flown with jetBlue... but what it came down to was the service offered by jetBlue as a whole, from the time you visit their website to make a reservation to check in to boarding to the flight itself and even to the time you pick up the bags on the other end... its everything together that makes the jetBlue experience alot better than other airlines... and jetBlue doesn't even have that great of a frequent flyer program.... but it is alot of fun looking at the picture on the trueBlue website fill in each time you get more trueblue points!

Yeah... from my experiences on other airlines on domestics flights, in both "first" and coach... the services have degraded soo much that it got to a point there jetBlue is the ONLY domestic carrier that not only meet, but exceeds, my standards of what to expect from an airline... I never had a high standards to begin with, I mean, just in the 90s, I just expect to get from point a to point b in 1 piece... but jetBlue pretty much spoiled me to a point where money is no object... I would pay more to fly jetBlue and I understand that... but I also do know that often time, I'm not paying that much more anyways. To me, flying jetBlue is alot better than saving a couple dollars and be tourtured by the other airlines.

What it comes down to is that jetBlue is not a scam, their just really good at what they do.

Last edited by SkaterJasp; Oct 21, 06 at 4:05 am
Old Oct 21, 06, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL/AF, One Man Street Fair in my spare time
What Skaterjasp said. Oh, and having slogged through this from the start, I yawn in the general direction of the trolls.

I live about seven miles from the Oakland airport in California. JetBlue is now my #1 preferred choice for any domestic US travel. I have been elite many times on both UA and NW over the past 15 years. Give me JetBlue any day. Aside from the convenience factor with OAK, a few inches of legroom and DirecTV make a transcon a hell of a lot more liveable, not to mention employees that actually behave like they are enjoying their job. And their fare structure is extremely competitive - good for both the business and leisure travel bottom lines. JetBlue is a great example of capitalism at it's best - offer a better product than the rest at a competitive price, and you can succeed. I plan to fly them for a long time.
Old Oct 23, 06, 9:42 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA GLD
The problem that the OP describes is that JetBlue acts like a discount, low-fare airline but more than 1/2 the time, its fares or equal to or higher than many of the major carriers, especially in competetive markets. And on those other carriers there are opportunities for upgrades, real mileage accrual, and elite status.
Old Oct 23, 06, 9:52 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by sowalsky
The problem that the OP describes is that JetBlue acts like a discount, low-fare airline but more than 1/2 the time, its fares or equal to or higher than many of the major carriers, especially in competetive markets. And on those other carriers there are opportunities for upgrades, real mileage accrual, and elite status.
First off, the OP is over 3 years old.

Secondly, all that you mention has been discussed to death on here and other forums. Sadly, the jetBlue "bashers" have no response to our arugment.

jetBlue is a LCC - that stands for Low COST Carrier. Its fares are very competitive in many markets. They are not always the cheapest. Why? The legacy airlines often beat jetBlue's fares while taking a loss due to their higher costs...all in an effort to maintain market share. In the past, when jetBlue enters a market, fares decline on average by aboout 50% across the board. This is in no way out of good will at the legacy airlines. This is nothing more than a competitve response to jetBlue. Also, jetBlue comes in as a "discount" airline by offering a $399 one-way fare cap on the longest nonstop routes and a simplified fare structure with only $25/$30 change fees.

jetBlue is a MAJOR airline - as defined by the DOT as an airline generating $1 billion or greater in revenue.

Opportunities for upgrades are much harder to come by these days. In addition, elite status means nothing too about 90% or so of the flying public. For those who it does mean something to - many waste time and money just trying to get to the elite level.

Real mileage accrual?? TrueBlue is not for everyone, but I would not call it a "Fake" loyalty program. For me, it is great...especially since I fly about 40 domestic flights a year - 36 or so of which are on jetBlue routes. While points expire after one year, there is a major plus for AMEX JetBlue card holders...they don't really expire. WIth jetBlue, it's 100 points for a free ticket...do the math compared to miles at other airlines, and yoou often need to fly less for an award with jetBlue. In addition, you can book one-way trips using half of the 100 points. And I just love not paying fees last minute and having no blackout dates like at other airlines.

Again, what works for you does not work for others. So please do not criticize jetBlue since your needs/wants differ from others. Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 06, 2:14 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, RCCL CAS D+, B6 TrueBlue, VX eleVAte, HHonors, SPG, AAdvantage, andAS MilagePlan.
Is it just me, or does any one else feel that this thread should be locked and never see the light of day again 3 years from now?
Old Oct 24, 06, 9:16 am

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by SkaterJasp
Is it just me, or does any one else feel that this thread should be locked and never see the light of day again 3 years from now?
^ ^
Old Oct 24, 06, 11:04 am
formerly B7e7US
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott Gold, Thalys Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz PC, Other shiny cards
Definitely
Old Oct 24, 06, 11:20 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
agree...and take the sticky off the burbank thread. It's time for that to go.
Old Oct 25, 06, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by odnyc
Look back on this site, you doubters. You were warned. Jet Blue, the new "chic" airline is an audacious rip-off and a scam. The business model is BAIT AND SWITCH. This is accompanied with a media blitz with no compairson in aviation history. Lot's of seemingly smart people saying "They have television." Well they don't have any upgrades ever, they don't have any meals ever, they don't have any frequent flier miles (or rewards that are worth anything) and guess what, THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE LOW FARES. People who must have taken one flight in their life jam travel magazines with voting for Jet Blue as the best airline around (because they flew once and managed to snag a tightly controlled low fare to the docklands area of Oakland) Several times since this scam was launched, I called this airline and NEVER got a fare that wasn't ridiculous. Tommorow morning in America, some of our most gullible fellow citizens will be standing behinding you holding Jet Blue Tickets that cost $500 because they bought into this ridiculous hype. A low fare airline that has no benefits and treats its customers like cattle should at least have, LOW FARES, no?
Huh?

I'm a regular on the new IAD-JFK service. No one else offers me a $100 r/t fare (including tax/fees!). And... it's a roomier plane than any of the majors, not to mention the quality service (which tops DL or US -- the shuttle carriers -- by LEAPS AND BOUNDS).
Old Oct 26, 06, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
jetBlue is a LCC - that stands for Low COST Carrier. Its fares are very competitive in many markets.
LLC is Limited Liability Company
IE:
Cingular Wireless L.L.C.
David's Pizza L.L.C

Has nothing to do with the product offered. I do wish that Jet Blue would begin service in MSN, ATW, GRB, or MKE in the very near future.
Old Oct 26, 06, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by WIRunner
IE:
Cingular Wireless L.L.C.
David's Pizza L.L.C

Has nothing to do with the product offered. I do wish that Jet Blue would begin service in MSN, ATW, GRB, or MKE in the very near future.

Yes, LCC is also call Limited Liability Company....but if your gonna get all technical... jetBlue is actually JetBlue Airways Corporation, not JetBlue Airways LCC. LCC is also commonly use to refer to Low Cost Carriers in the aviation industry. Low Cost Carriers are basically airlines such as jetBlue and Southwest.
Old Oct 26, 06, 2:26 am

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Originally Posted by WIRunner
IE:
Cingular Wireless L.L.C.
David's Pizza L.L.C

Yes, LLC is Limited Liability Company, but LCC, in the airline industry at least, stands for Low Cost Carrier.

Last edited by dinosims; Oct 26, 06 at 2:08 pm
Old Oct 26, 06, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum
Ah. This I was not aware of.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: