NOW YOU KNOW- JET BLUE IS A SCAM

Old Sep 19, 03, 11:05 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA and CX. (Disgruntled UA Lifetime Plat) - No hotel loyalty anymore
Also.... the fate of JetBlue AINT going to be decided on FT... Flyers taking their first flight then returning are what will decide if B6 is a winner.

So far what I've seen is the BULK majority of other flier on B6 flights with me state they either fly them quite often OR if it's their first flight they would fly them again. I don't hear this on other carriers with anything but the FF miles hooking the user to fly again.

[This message has been edited by NickP 1K (edited 09-19-2003).]
Old Sep 19, 03, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, RCCL CAS D+, B6 TrueBlue, VX eleVAte, HHonors, SPG, AAdvantage, andAS MilagePlan.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by odnyc:
A low fare airline that has no benefits and treats its customers like cattle should at least have, LOW FARES, no?</font>
Benefits: Theres lots of benefits with flying jetBlue such as getting to your destination on time most of the time, better snack selection, better service than the "full service" carriers, cleaner planes, cabin crew helps passengers with baggage instead of telling them that they need to be seated, reclining seats infront of the exit rows, 34" seat pitch and don't have to be a elite traveler to get it, no outragious change fees... just to name a few benefits of flying jetBlue... I fly them alot and trueblue is just alittle extra and most of the time i just give my trueblue rewards away to my friends. Oh yeah and super fast response from customer service when theres a problem instead of waiting a month to hear back from the bigger carriers.

Also... umm... can someone explain to me how jetBlue customers are treated like cattles?
Old Sep 19, 03, 5:21 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by odnyc:
Look back on this site, you doubters. You were warned. Jet Blue, the new "chic" airline is an audacious rip-off and a scam. The business model is BAIT AND SWITCH. This is accompanied with a media blitz with no compairson in aviation history. Lot's of seemingly smart people saying "They have television." Well they don't have any upgrades ever, they don't have any meals ever, they don't have any frequent flier miles (or rewards that are worth anything) and guess what, THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE LOW FARES. People who must have taken one flight in their life jam travel magazines with voting for Jet Blue as the best airline around (because they flew once and managed to snag a tightly controlled low fare to the docklands area of Oakland) Several times since this scam was launched, I called this airline and NEVER got a fare that wasn't ridiculous. Tommorow morning in America, some of our most gullible fellow citizens will be standing behinding you holding Jet Blue Tickets that cost $500 because they bought into this ridiculous hype. A low fare airline that has no benefits and treats its customers like cattle should at least have, LOW FARES, no?[/QUOTE

B6 is consistent, simple, reliable, and affordable. All of which are valuable to me. I only feel scammed when I don't get what I expect. I get value everytime I step aboard B6.

If you are going to attack B6, you better do the same for WN, they both cap at $299 (WN only after B6).
Old Sep 19, 03, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA and CX. (Disgruntled UA Lifetime Plat) - No hotel loyalty anymore
Oh yeah... It doesn't sound like AA and others are making money MATCHING B6's fares either (the routes that AA and others cap fares)

A full plane DOES NOT = Profit...

[This message has been edited by NickP 1K (edited 09-19-2003).]
Old Sep 20, 03, 1:32 am

7 People who must have taken one flight in their life jam travel magazines with voting for Jet Blue as the best airline around (because they flew once and managed to snag a tightly controlled low fare to the docklands area of Oakland) Several times since this scam was launched, I called this airline and NEVER got a fare that wasn't ridiculous. Tommorow morning in America, some of our most gullible fellow citizens will be standing behinding you holding Jet Blue Tickets that cost $500 because they bought into this ridiculous hype. A low fare airline that has no benefits and treats its customers like cattle should at least have, LOW FARES, no?[/B][/QUOTE]

OK...I am one of the seven people who have taken one flt in their life and are happy with Jet Blue. Actually I'm a United member who flies them sometimes because I have some miles built up with them but agree with whoever said customer service is a coin toss.

As you can tell by my handle, I'm not a FF. I have learned so much by lurking, but have never joined as I thought I had nothing to contribute...but I digress.

One of the 7 flts in my lifetime, per odync opinion of me, has been to Vegas on Jetblue. To fully disclose, I live in Long Beach, so I would pay a premium to fly from there because it's worth the premium.

Anyway, I booked a flt from Long Beach to FLL for $215.00.. Had to call to change a date and expected the $25 change fee. (How much is the change fee for your favorite airline odync?) Anyway, because they changed the flt time on that particular flt by 10 MIN...we're talking 10 min here people... they wave the $25 change fee. Yes...their service must suck. I may not understand the buzz words that savy travelors like odynyc know but I know value and service when I see it. JMH and uninformed opinion.

[This message has been edited by lot2lern (edited 09-20-2003).]
Old Sep 20, 03, 10:02 am

Here troll. Here troll. Nice troll. Good boy.
Old Sep 20, 03, 4:38 pm

Sounds like odnyc is a shill for DELTA or maybe CO .
Whatever the case , a lot people think opposite of the old nyc , so hey if you don't like the Blue ,don't fly on 'em. !!
Old Sep 20, 03, 6:06 pm
askworldtraveler

This has developed to be a 'tad' off topic for this board (miles) - however almost all 'miles' boards tends to wander off topic- try to keep it constructive and not personal....thanks....

Old Oct 13, 06, 6:28 pm

Jet Blue Scam Experts

This airline is SCAM KING
If u book and make an error it costs $30

They offer nothing on their planes
They have the most irregular service records
of any airline.........
They have over 100 incidents that they have yet to
respond to...
Fly at your own RISK,
DONT BE FOOLED BY DECEPTIVE ADVERTISING...

THEY SHOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS WITHIN 2 YEARS
Old Oct 13, 06, 6:57 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by cuprex
This airline is SCAM KING
If u book and make an error it costs $30

They offer nothing on their planes
They have the most irregular service records
of any airline.........
They have over 100 incidents that they have yet to
respond to...
Fly at your own RISK,
DONT BE FOOLED BY DECEPTIVE ADVERTISING...

THEY SHOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS WITHIN 2 YEARS
Looks like we have a new troll who joined FT today to post a pointless, fact/knowledge-lacking comment on a 3-year old thread.

First, cuprex does not use proper grammar. Secondly, what cuprex says does not make any logical sense.

If you book and make an error, that's your own fault. The change fee is $25 online and $30 on the phone...sure beats $100 charged at other airlines. Plus, jetBlue will gladly waive the fee if you call within a few minutes because you did make an honest mistake. However, when booking a ticket you should pay closer attention to vital travel details.

Most irregular service records of any airline? Wha's that supposed to mean!?

Over 100 incidents yet to respond to? Again, very confused here. If you're referring to the BBB stats (which I am guessing you are) check out the stats at AA and DL...then get back to us on a comparison, even taking into consideration porportion per size of each company.

Fly at your own risk, don't be fooled by deceptive advertising? Again, very confused here. I fly about 70,000 miles per year - 55,000 of which are with jetBlue - on average...and I'm a very happy and loyal customer. I'm even wearing a jetBlue t-shirt today and I can't tell you how many people commented - "Oh, I love jetBlue!"

Out of business within 2 years? Please, do a little research on the very complex airline industry and then formulate an opinion.
Old Oct 13, 06, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Looks like we have a new troll who joined FT today to post a pointless, fact/knowledge-lacking comment on a 3-year old thread.

First, cuprex does not use proper grammar. Secondly, what cuprex says does not make any logical sense.

If you book and make an error, that's your own fault. The change fee is $25 online and $30 on the phone...sure beats $100 charged at other airlines. Plus, jetBlue will gladly waive the fee if you call within a few minutes because you did make an honest mistake. However, when booking a ticket you should pay closer attention to vital travel details.

Over 100 incidents yet to respond to? Again, very confused here. If you're referring to the BBB stats (which I am guessing you are) check out the stats at AA and DL...then get back to us on a comparison, even taking into consideration porportion per size of each company.

Fly at your own risk, don't be fooled by deceptive advertising? Again, very confused here. I fly about 70,000 miles per year - 55,000 of which are with jetBlue - on average...and I'm a very happy and loyal customer. I'm even wearing a jetBlue t-shirt today and I can't tell you how many people commented - "Oh, I love jetBlue!"

Out of business within 2 years? Please, do a little research on the very complex airline industry and then formulate an opinion.

How long have you been working for the PR department of Jet Blue??? Your reply sounds like you're married to them.
Old Oct 13, 06, 7:18 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by srk123
How long have you been working for the PR department of Jet Blue??? Your reply sounds like you're married to them.
Actually, I don't work in the PR department of jetBlue - or any department, for that matter. I am nothing more than a fan, stockholder and VERY loyal customer. You know, there are many other people out there like me who love a company as much as I love jetBlue.
Old Oct 13, 06, 7:56 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by odnyc
people can read what i have said and compare your responses and make their own judgments. When I first pointed out that this airline is a scam (except for its super rich spinmeister CEO), there was silence. And now look what they're saying on this forum about its no benefits, rip-off bait and switch business model. The more the posters look closer, the more it becomes obvious. And I never attacked you. I'll probably chat again after your next 5,000 posts.
I almost wet my pants when I read this post. Seriously dude, what in the hell are you smoking and where can i get some! After the day that I had I seriously needed a great laugh like this.

You obviously don't have the slightest idea about what jetblue is really about, nor do you have any relevent information about the company, it's founder, or it's crewmembers! David is far, far, far, far, far, far from rich. His salary is only $200,000 a year. Less than a seinor capitan at United makes! That is public knowledge, look it up on our finance records or on google finance. 80% of his salary, as well as the salary of the other board members, go to a crisis fund that they set up for crewmembers.

Now go and reeducate yourself at whatever public school hole you came out of, fly on your Delta or whatever unfortunate airline gets your business, and post on a subject that you have some relevent knowledge on, maybe underwater basketweaving, or whatever you do in your spare time. Now it's past your bed time and i'm sure that daddy needs to use the computer.
Old Oct 13, 06, 7:58 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
I also have noticed that we have a lot of first time posters that are bashing us here. Perhaps our "friend" has decided to take on some multipule personalities to make him look better? Coincidence? I don't think so!!
Old Oct 13, 06, 8:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL

I think you forgot to welcome the new poster to FT

Search this Thread
Search Engine: