Song Comparison

Reply

Old Jul 15, 03, 4:16 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Huntington Station NY USA
Posts: 63
Song Comparison

Flew JFK-FLL on Song and back on JetBlue, mostly because B6 had several late flights that fit my return schedule.
Song was 7:00a departure, maybe 50 pax in a 199 seat plane, newly upholstered funky colored standard 757 seats. They sold their food to a few people; most brought stuff on. No entertainment, but I slept. Not a bad experience, but nothing special either.

JetBlue was the completely full 9:00p plane, boarded quickly using front and rear doors. Plane was the brand new "Song Sung Blue" that B6 used on it's first flight to ATL just to annoy local DL management. Nice leather seats, sparkling clean airplane, wonderful entertainment (watched a 1986 Queen concert from Wembley Stadium followed by Law & Order) and enjoyed nice FREE snacks.

No comparison. JetBlue wins hands down on a completely full plane vs. an empty Song bird.
wmbarker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 03, 6:15 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA
Programs: DL SkyMiles, RCCL CAS D+, B6 TrueBlue, VX eleVAte, HHonors, SPG, AAdvantage, andAS MilagePlan.
Posts: 985
What about service at Song? Are they friendly or snobby over there?
SkaterJasp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 03, 10:53 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: CHS
Posts: 2,146
I'm actually interested in giving Song a try. (hey, you never know what you're gonna get until you try it - right)

I remember reading somewhere on FT that they were giving out portable DVD's or GameBoy's or something for entertainment until they install their entertainment system.

Were you asked if you'd like either of these? Maybe something else?

I really enjoy the in-flight programming on JetBlue...it makes time in the air seem so much shorter. If Song doesn't offer this option yet, I'm not even going to bother until they do.

Thanks,
Chris
geckoflyer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 03, 11:36 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 860
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by wmbarker:
Flew JFK-FLL on Song and back on JetBlue, mostly because B6 had several late flights that fit my return schedule.
Song was 7:00a departure, maybe 50 pax in a 199 seat plane, newly upholstered funky colored standard 757 seats. They sold their food to a few people; most brought stuff on. No entertainment, but I slept. Not a bad experience, but nothing special either.

JetBlue was the completely full 9:00p plane, boarded quickly using front and rear doors. Plane was the brand new "Song Sung Blue" that B6 used on it's first flight to ATL just to annoy local DL management. Nice leather seats, sparkling clean airplane, wonderful entertainment (watched a 1986 Queen concert from Wembley Stadium followed by Law & Order) and enjoyed nice FREE snacks.

No comparison. JetBlue wins hands down on a completely full plane vs. an empty Song bird.
</font>
Does JetBlue always board using both front and rear doors? It seems like something simple that could really speed up boarding times on a lot of planes.

I'm also wondering how the loads would compare if the times were switched. (Who wants to get up early for a vacation flight?)
L Dude 7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 03, 5:58 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New York, Ny USA
Posts: 403
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by L Dude 7:
Does JetBlue always board using both front and rear doors? It seems like something simple that could really speed up boarding times on a lot of planes.)</font>
This procedure is usually seen at small airports which don't use jetways and on small planes which are lower to the ground.

I remember this kind of thing alot out of SNA when I was young. Also did it a few times from SFO on UA Shuttle. You had to walk outside and downstairs out to the plane through this weird plastic tube.

Also some INtl flights on widebodies load through more than one jetway.
evoldeal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 03, 6:19 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA
Programs: DL SkyMiles, RCCL CAS D+, B6 TrueBlue, VX eleVAte, HHonors, SPG, AAdvantage, andAS MilagePlan.
Posts: 985
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by L Dude 7:
Does JetBlue always board using both front and rear doors? It seems like something simple that could really speed up boarding times on a lot of planes.

I'm also wondering how the loads would compare if the times were switched. (Who wants to get up early for a vacation flight?)
</font>
They don't always board / deplane using both front and rear doors but they tend to do it from time to time depending on how fast they needed the plane turned around. They do it at LGB all the time because they have to but I've seen it done at OAK, JFK, LAS, and SYR on some of the flights i've been on.

SkaterJasp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 03, 11:48 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Programs: Emirates Gold, SQ Gold, Jet Airways Gold, BA Silver, Qatar Silver, Starwood Lifetime Gold
Posts: 1,167
I've seen them use front and rear doors at FLL and IAD too... jetway for the front, stairs for the rear. Pretty smart idea!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SkaterJasp:
They don't always board / deplane using both front and rear doors but they tend to do it from time to time depending on how fast they needed the plane turned around. They do it at LGB all the time because they have to but I've seen it done at OAK, JFK, LAS, and SYR on some of the flights i've been on.

</font>
Sankaps is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread