FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   Song Comparison (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/279688-song-comparison.html)

wmbarker Jul 15, 2003 4:16 pm

Song Comparison

Flew JFK-FLL on Song and back on JetBlue, mostly because B6 had several late flights that fit my return schedule.
Song was 7:00a departure, maybe 50 pax in a 199 seat plane, newly upholstered funky colored standard 757 seats. They sold their food to a few people; most brought stuff on. No entertainment, but I slept. Not a bad experience, but nothing special either.

JetBlue was the completely full 9:00p plane, boarded quickly using front and rear doors. Plane was the brand new "Song Sung Blue" that B6 used on it's first flight to ATL just to annoy local DL management. Nice leather seats, sparkling clean airplane, wonderful entertainment (watched a 1986 Queen concert from Wembley Stadium followed by Law & Order) and enjoyed nice FREE snacks.

No comparison. JetBlue wins hands down on a completely full plane vs. an empty Song bird.

SkaterJasp Jul 15, 2003 6:15 pm

What about service at Song? Are they friendly or snobby over there?

geckoflyer Jul 16, 2003 10:53 am

I'm actually interested in giving Song a try. (hey, you never know what you're gonna get until you try it - right)

I remember reading somewhere on FT that they were giving out portable DVD's or GameBoy's or something for entertainment until they install their entertainment system.

Were you asked if you'd like either of these? Maybe something else?

I really enjoy the in-flight programming on JetBlue...it makes time in the air seem so much shorter. If Song doesn't offer this option yet, I'm not even going to bother until they do.

Thanks,
Chris

L Dude 7 Jul 17, 2003 11:36 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by wmbarker:
Flew JFK-FLL on Song and back on JetBlue, mostly because B6 had several late flights that fit my return schedule.
Song was 7:00a departure, maybe 50 pax in a 199 seat plane, newly upholstered funky colored standard 757 seats. They sold their food to a few people; most brought stuff on. No entertainment, but I slept. Not a bad experience, but nothing special either.

JetBlue was the completely full 9:00p plane, boarded quickly using front and rear doors. Plane was the brand new "Song Sung Blue" that B6 used on it's first flight to ATL just to annoy local DL management. Nice leather seats, sparkling clean airplane, wonderful entertainment (watched a 1986 Queen concert from Wembley Stadium followed by Law & Order) and enjoyed nice FREE snacks.

No comparison. JetBlue wins hands down on a completely full plane vs. an empty Song bird.
</font>
Does JetBlue always board using both front and rear doors? It seems like something simple that could really speed up boarding times on a lot of planes.

I'm also wondering how the loads would compare if the times were switched. (Who wants to get up early for a vacation flight?)

evoldeal Jul 17, 2003 5:58 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by L Dude 7:
Does JetBlue always board using both front and rear doors? It seems like something simple that could really speed up boarding times on a lot of planes.)</font>
This procedure is usually seen at small airports which don't use jetways and on small planes which are lower to the ground.

I remember this kind of thing alot out of SNA when I was young. Also did it a few times from SFO on UA Shuttle. You had to walk outside and downstairs out to the plane through this weird plastic tube.

Also some INtl flights on widebodies load through more than one jetway.

SkaterJasp Jul 17, 2003 6:19 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by L Dude 7:
Does JetBlue always board using both front and rear doors? It seems like something simple that could really speed up boarding times on a lot of planes.

I'm also wondering how the loads would compare if the times were switched. (Who wants to get up early for a vacation flight?)
</font>
They don't always board / deplane using both front and rear doors but they tend to do it from time to time depending on how fast they needed the plane turned around. They do it at LGB all the time because they have to but I've seen it done at OAK, JFK, LAS, and SYR on some of the flights i've been on.

Sankaps Jul 22, 2003 11:48 am

I've seen them use front and rear doors at FLL and IAD too... jetway for the front, stairs for the rear. Pretty smart idea!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SkaterJasp:
They don't always board / deplane using both front and rear doors but they tend to do it from time to time depending on how fast they needed the plane turned around. They do it at LGB all the time because they have to but I've seen it done at OAK, JFK, LAS, and SYR on some of the flights i've been on.

</font>