Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Terminal 6 TSA staff are evil and mean... jetBlue staff saved the day.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Terminal 6 TSA staff are evil and mean... jetBlue staff saved the day.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2003, 9:05 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Paulo:
I had one TSA employee at MCO absolutely insist to me that it is a new FAA rule that all pax must remove shoes.

Unfortunately, it appears that they just make it up as they go.
</font>
I went through the same thing in TPA. I told the man that I go through these machines 4 times a week and I have figured out which shoes have metal in them and which don't. He said "he didn't care" and "take them off or turn around.
Old Jul 13, 2003, 12:02 pm

Programs: Vanishing
There is a big difference between safety and security. TSA has nothing to do with safety. They should be looking after security, but the wat they go about it, very little is added to airport security by TSA.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Analise:
I've never experienced at security what you did.

Frankly that TSA agent was doing his job. He has to be strong about safety. I'm amazed that an airline employee could explain away what this agent thought was a safety violation. Good for you.
</font>
Old Jul 14, 2003, 2:20 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Analise:

Frankly that TSA agent was doing his job. He has to be strong about safety. I'm amazed that an airline employee could explain away what this agent thought was a safety violation. Good for you.
</font>
Does "doing his job" include being rude to the original poster ? I agree with the original poster, the rules need to be UNIFORM, it seems like this TSA agent was on a power trip like many others.
Old Jul 14, 2003, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC

</font>
You are joking, right? That TSA agent should be fired and sent back to the mall or condo security job he probably came from.

Old Jul 16, 2003, 8:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Newyorkjet:
Does "doing his job" include being rude to the original poster ? I agree with the original poster, the rules need to be UNIFORM, it seems like this TSA agent was on a power trip like many others.</font>
Hey, he made it clean and green as far as I'm concerned. It wasn't as if the TSA agent groped him. Yes, I've been groped several times yet those people still keep their jobs. So this FTer with the skateboard didn't get much of a hassle as far as I'm concerned.
Old Jul 16, 2003, 4:18 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by happymob:
I think the real question here is why the heck did you subject yourself to going through security in order to have TGI Fridays? To each their own.</font>
hey -its America, still a free country I think. He should have the freedom to eat at TGIs if he wants.

Old Jul 19, 2003, 9:08 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ByeByeDelta:

I think I'll stop here. I'm only ticking myself off about this, and I'm not even flying anytime soon. After this post, I expect a full body search next time I carry my laptop onboard.
</font>
The last time I really got ticked off by security was when they got my laptop security cable in April - which had been in my carryon for the last 2+ years (even the days just after flights resumed in Oct 01).

Suddenly it is deemed a security threat. Coming to think of it, isnt the laptop power cord as potent a weapon as a security cable?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.