Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Long Beach to JFK - how is the flight?

Old Jun 30, 03, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Location: UAL IK, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond

Hey,

Has anyone flown this route on jetBlue and what are thoughts? I'm debating btwn using my United to fly from LAX (which is significantly closer to my house, but way more expensive) and driving down to Long Beach to take jetBlue.
Old Jun 30, 03, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, RCCL CAS D+, B6 TrueBlue, VX eleVAte, HHonors, SPG, AAdvantage, andAS MilagePlan.
I'd go for LGB and fly jetBlue for many reasons, snacks are great onboard, nice airport, cheap parking, and on sundays, they have a brunch buffet upstairs in the cafe thingie that overlooks the airport. On top of that, you get 1 inch more leg room, wider seats, comfortable leather seats, 24 channels of live DirecTV, and cool in flight crew... need I say more? Never experienced traffic going to LGB, however, if you fly out of LGB, check in 2hrs before your flight, the line tend to get longer about 90 minutes before departure. If you dont have check luggage, use the self check in, almost no one uses it and saves alot of time.
Old Jun 30, 03, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, RCCL CAS D+, B6 TrueBlue, VX eleVAte, HHonors, SPG, AAdvantage, andAS MilagePlan.
when i said they have a brunch buffet, I ment the Airport, not jetBlue... its like $10. Nice way to fill up before you leave. Their open every day but never been there for a meal except brunch.
Old Jul 1, 03, 10:14 am

Programs: AS MVP, Aegean Blue
YoungFlya--

JBLU all the way. There really isn't any competition in my opinion. NO BS at LGB as far as security and wait times. Always out on time. The Live TV, superior service are reasons 1 and 2 for me.
Old Jul 1, 03, 1:02 pm

youngflya,

Not sure if you used the search function first, but here's a couple of posts talking about flights/LGB airport:

Questions re: trans-con flights
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/000120.html

JFK and LGB Info Needed
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/000111.html

-Chris

[This message has been edited by chrislacey (edited 07-01-2003).]
Old Jul 2, 03, 8:46 pm

Programs: Expedia All Your Booking Channels Are Belong To Us Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by youngflya:
Hey,

Has anyone flown this route on jetBlue and what are thoughts? I'm debating btwn using my United to fly from LAX (which is significantly closer to my house, but way more expensive) and driving down to Long Beach to take jetBlue.
</font>
I would definitely drive. Flying from LAX to LGB on United would probably be costly as you would have to change in, say SFO; and you probably would not save very much time, even with the traffic on the 405 the way it is.

Old Jul 7, 03, 6:39 am

Programs: UA *G
Ditto about the Self Check-in
At JFK there was a line of about 100 people (at least) for check-in, but I strolled over to the kiosk, swiped my mom's card....and off we went, waiting after only 1 person.
-AG.
jetBlue should make the self-service kiosks for people checking baggage...not for carry-on only..There is already a lady at the podium. Sometimes Skycaps have shorter lines.... in windy weather.