FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   [news] JetBlue may soon bring discount battle to O'Hare (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/279661-news-jetblue-may-soon-bring-discount-battle-ohare.html)

DLSIZE Apr 28, 2003 11:13 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by audio-nut:
From what I hear the A320 would have weight restrictions due to the short runways and tall obstacles around the airport.
</font>
Try unloading an F9 320 in from Denver during the winter at MDW and you will realize there is no weight restriction. Dem skies are heavy!

audio-nut Apr 28, 2003 11:37 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DLSIZE:
Try unloading an F9 320 in from Denver during the winter at MDW and you will realize there is no weight restriction. Dem skies are heavy!</font>
I believe that F9 runs A319's.

L Dude 7 Apr 29, 2003 12:25 pm

Though NW does fly 320s from MDW to MSP. And ATA flies plenty of stretch 757s to the west coast and Mexico. So I can't imagine that JetBlue would have too much of a problem there. However, gates are probably not the easiest thing to come by at Midway either.

I wonder what happened to the old TWA gates at Term 2 in Ohare?

audio-nut Apr 29, 2003 2:21 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by L Dude 7:
Though NW does fly 320s from MDW to MSP. And ATA flies plenty of stretch 757s to the west coast and Mexico. So I can't imagine that JetBlue would have too much of a problem there. </font>
MSP is right around the corner from CHI and a 757 has very very powerful engines. I would imagine (i don't have the access to anything right here to back it up) that the thrust to weight ratio is higher on the 753.

TWA Guy Apr 29, 2003 7:35 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by L Dude 7:
Though NW does fly 320s from MDW to MSP. And ATA flies plenty of stretch 757s to the west coast and Mexico. So I can't imagine that JetBlue would have too much of a problem there. However, gates are probably not the easiest thing to come by at Midway either.

I wonder what happened to the old TWA gates at Term 2 in Ohare?
</font>
I think CO has them.

bk42 Apr 30, 2003 8:25 pm

NW does not have that problem from MSP because not so much fuel is needed on the flight, thus creating a lighter plane than a 'normal' length flight. And yes the 757s have very powerful engines, enabling them to fly to MDW.

edited for spelling

[This message has been edited by bk42 (edited 05-02-2003).]

CoMooter May 3, 2003 6:00 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TWA Guy:
I think CO has them [the gates at ORD].</font>
They do. They sat empty for about 6-9 months after TW 'flights' (i.e. ones to STL) were moved over to AA's L1 (or L3?) gate, but CO has taken them all (I think they were down to only two at the end...quite a change from the pre-Uncle Carl days when TW had the entire G concourse).

DisgruntledGoat May 6, 2003 7:23 am

Hello Goat,

Thank you for your e-mail. Although Chicago is on our list of possible
destinations, we do not yet have any information about when we might
begin service there.

Please stay tuned to our website for upcoming developments!

Hope all your skies are JetBlue!

Angie
JetBlue Customer Commitment
Crewmember 20099