FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   On Time Performance ROC-JFK (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/279648-time-performance-roc-jfk.html)

gt0138d Mar 12, 2003 9:03 am

On Time Performance ROC-JFK

I tried looking up the on-time performance of Jet Blue flights but some of the sites dont have the numbers (maybe because it is a new airline).

I will be flying Jet Blue - ROC to JFK for the first time to connect to an international flight on Delta.

Anyone out there that flies ROC-JFK regularly who can comment on the on-time performance and what are the usual suspects to fall back on in case of delays.

------------------
gt0138d - a certified George P Burdell clone...

kdinino Mar 12, 2003 10:35 am

I make this trip probably 6-7 times a year as I have fmaily in the ROC. I'd say almost every time we have either been on time or early into JFK. Never had a weather related delay though...but if thats looking good, so will this flight. Nice 45 minute flight too...beats the 6 hour drive

Larrude Mar 12, 2003 12:39 pm

I took this flight a couple of weeks ago. The inbound plane was late (about 25 minutes) but we still arrived at JFK within 5 minutes of our scheduled time.

gt0138d Mar 12, 2003 1:09 pm

Thank you kdinino and Larrude. I knew it is very subjective but these two data points coupled with a good weather forecast for sunday make me feel comfortable.

Looking forward to a pleasant first time on Jet Blue.

------------------
gt0138d - a certified George P Burdell clone...

DLDC Mar 13, 2003 4:56 pm

I agree with the other two flyer's assessment of jetblue's ROC-JFK on-timer performance. I've experianced a ground stop at Kennedy before so we took off about 1.5 hours late the pilot gunned the throttles and we arrived about 25 minutes behind scheduled arrival time.... and if you read some of the other posts, jetBlue does all it can to ensure that the customer reaches their final destinations.

gt0138d Mar 31, 2003 2:20 pm

Wanted to update the group of my experience.

Was was pleasant first time on Jet Blue. The flight took off on time and got a few minutes early to JFK.

I liked the free headsets deal. I got to use them on a train in Europe on the same trip. The TV was fine - with less than an hour, there was not much I could watch.

Drinks drill was similar to Southwest's but between the two, I definitely like Jet Blue - I hate the Southwest boarding experience.

Edited to add the following ->

But, I would not fly Jet Blue if I am making a connection to another airline within a hour. A shuttle runs every 20 minutes and you must give yourself a good 40 minutes for transfer between terminals followed by a long check-in line at the other airline.

[This message has been edited by gt0138d (edited 03-31-2003).]

geckoflyer Apr 1, 2003 9:35 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gt0138d:
But, I would not fly Jet Blue if I am making a connection to another airline within a hour. A shuttle runs every 20 minutes and you must give yourself a good 40 minutes for transfer between terminals followed by a long check-in line at the other airline.</font>
gt, thanks for the update! Just to add a quick comment about connections - When I was @ JFK in Jan. I noticed inter-terminal busses running about every 5 mins. It was the bus for Long Term Parking that came every 30 minutes.

I don't know if they changed the schedule - or I just got lucky...but I wouldn't be too worried. Especially if connecting to a terminal close to JetBlue - I'd just walk it.

-Chris

gt0138d Apr 1, 2003 11:03 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chrislacey:
gt, thanks for the update! Just to add a quick comment about connections - When I was @ JFK in Jan. I noticed inter-terminal busses running about every 5 mins. It was the bus for Long Term Parking that came every 30 minutes.

I don't know if they changed the schedule - or I just got lucky...but I wouldn't be too worried. Especially if connecting to a terminal close to JetBlue - I'd just walk it.

-Chris

</font>
I have very little experience - just that one shot at interline transfer at JFK. Delta was in Terminal 3. I believe Jet Blue was Terminal 7 or thereabouts. It was a good ride past 2-3 terminal stops flowing with the traffic. And, I sort of remember it as once in 20 minutes not 5 minutes. I had almost 2 hours and barely made it just in time for initial boarding even after going through the priority lines on Delta check-in.

As I said, one datapoint shouldnt be construed as a trend but the more you know...

audio-nut Apr 4, 2003 12:58 am

The inter terminal shuttle is supposed to run every 10 minutes. That being said I have waited up to 15 minutes and I have also seen two run back to back.

JetBlue is at terminal 6. You can walk to 7 in three minutes to connect to BA, UAL, America West, Cathay, and Qantas. It takes 5 minutes to walk to terminal 4 (most international flag carriers and NW & CO. All other terminals will require a bus ride