Wiki Posts
Search

Fares on the SEA-FLL route

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2003, 10:12 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Fares on the SEA-FLL route

I'm sure this is going to be a hard question, but here goes. I travel SEA-FLL quite frequently and the going rate (if you travel on certain days) is about $220-$250. This fare is offered by CO, DL, AA, NW, and usually UA. But Jetblue always seems to be $420-$430, no matter what. It has always been this way, ever since B6 started service out of SEA. Anyone know why B6 has such an arrogant attitude on this route?
Old Mar 30, 2003, 4:20 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NWgoldelite:
I'm sure this is going to be a hard question, but here goes. I travel SEA-FLL quite frequently and the going rate (if you travel on certain days) is about $220-$250. This fare is offered by CO, DL, AA, NW, and usually UA. But Jetblue always seems to be $420-$430, no matter what. It has always been this way, ever since B6 started service out of SEA. Anyone know why B6 has such an arrogant attitude on this route?</font>
I didn't get a chance to check out too many dates, but it looks as though the price from SEA-FLL,MCO,etc. are already just over $400 r/t. I can't speculate as to why - just that its not only SEA-FLL.

-Chris
Old Mar 30, 2003, 4:28 pm
das

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
I'm fairly sure JetBlue fares are just summing the SEA-JFK and JFK-FLL fares. They have no reason to be competitive on the route if they can fill up each flight with local traffic. Given that SEA-JFK flies only once a day, I suspect that is why they are pricing connections very competitively.
Old Mar 30, 2003, 5:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

das-
Thank you, that explanation makes alot of sense. I really didn't take that into account.
Old Apr 3, 2003, 1:27 pm

They aren't summing them, they publish individual fares SEA-FLL. B6 just has a sane pricing model where it actually costs you more if you fly farther and where they have their lowest fares somewhat close to the cost of the route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.