Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Newest City - San Diego (from JFK)!!!

Old Mar 18, 03, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Twice daily JFK-SAN flights beginning late June/early July (if only they would add some more routes out of Dulles, most of my office would defect from UA).

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030318/185142_1.html
Old Mar 18, 03, 7:45 am

I would guess that LGB-SAN cannot be too far behind. I would think at least 1 or 2 a day that mate up with the IAD-LGB and FLL-LGB flights. Which reminds me, why are the connection times IAD-LGB-LAS so terrible? You would think that they could link them up a little better.
Old Mar 18, 03, 7:54 am

This is great news. I was hoping they would add SAN as a city. CO and AA have some competition now.

------------------
Old Mar 18, 03, 8:48 am

JetBlue has updated their routemap to include JFK-SAN. It also includes prior announcements of LGB-ATL & LGB-FLL

http://www.jetblue.com/travelinfo/routemap.html
Old Mar 19, 03, 11:48 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flyinggolfer:
This is great news. I was hoping they would add SAN as a city. CO and AA have some competition now.

</font>
Any idea when DL stopped flying the SAN JFK route?
Old Mar 20, 03, 7:21 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cab747:
Any idea when DL stopped flying the SAN JFK route? </font>
I really don't. I think it's been a while though. I remember checking Delta's website last spring or summer trying to find a lower fare non-stop and they weren't flying non-stops then. I think the best you can do on Delta now is direct with one stop.

------------------
Old Mar 21, 03, 10:58 am

Programs: VS Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by audio-nut:
I would guess that LGB-SAN cannot be too far behind. I would think at least 1 or 2 a day that mate up with the IAD-LGB and FLL-LGB flights. Which reminds me, why are the connection times IAD-LGB-LAS so terrible? You would think that they could link them up a little better.</font>
I don't think they'll add LGB-SAN. It serves no purpose other than give SAN pax access to the network from LGB. Flying an A320 for 93 miles is very poor use of a large, long-range plane.

jetBlue is not into hubbing, just point-to-point traffic. Although if you want to connect, you can do it, they don't deliberately schedule flight times to enable connections. This explains the poor IAD-LGB-LAS timing.

They will add IAD-LAS and IAD-SAN in due course.