Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

The new city is ATL!!! (but only from LGB)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2003, 7:33 am
Original Poster

JETBLUE TO CONNECT LA/LONG BEACH AND ATLANTA, GA THREE TIMES A DAY
-- Low-fare Carrier Will Serve Seven Cities From Long Beach in May --

New York, NY (February 18, 2002) -- JetBlue Airways [NASDAQ: JBLU] plans to add new service between its west coast base at Long Beach, CA and Atlanta, GA starting May 8, with introductory fares as low as $99* each way, if booked via www.jetblue.com.

From Long Beach, JetBlue plans to serve Atlanta with three flights a day. The airline will also operate convenient connecting service to Atlanta from both Oakland, CA, near San Francisco, and Las Vegas, NV, via Long Beach.

“It’s been more than a decade since there has been low-fare competition on the LA-Atlanta route,” said David Neeleman, JetBlue’s CEO. “As well as JetBlue’s low fares, personal service and unique amenities, such as 24 channels of DIRECTV at every seat, we’re looking forward to introducing Georgia travelers to the ease, simplicity and accessibility of Long Beach Airport. Once they try Long Beach they won’t want to fly to LAX again.”

The new nonstop service will complement the low-fare carrier’s existing flights from Long Beach to New York City, Washington, D.C, Oakland, CA, Las Vegas, NV and Salt Lake City, UT and its newly announced service between Long Beach and Fort Lauderdale, FL, also scheduled to launch May 8. Last week, JetBlue announced plans to add a third daily service between Long Beach and Washington, DC, on May 1 and a seventh daily flight between Long Beach and New York/JFK starting June 26

JetBlue has flown more than one million customers to/from Long Beach since the airline began serving the airport in August 2001. Located just 20 miles south of LAX, Long Beach Airport offers convenient access to downtown LA as well as all the region’s major attractions.

The low-fare carrier is offering an introductory sale fare between Long Beach and Atlanta of $104* each way, or $99* each way if booked at www.jetblue.com. This sale fare, which requires a seven-day advance purchase, must be booked by May 8 and is valid for travel through June 25. Customers are encouraged to book early as seats are limited.

JetBlue’s regular fares between Long Beach and Atlanta will range from $119* to $299* each way. Regular fares for connecting service between Oakland and Atlanta will range from $129* to $349* each way and between Las Vegas and Atlanta from $119* to $349* each way. All fares are discounted $5 each way if booked via JetBlue’s web site, www.jetblue.com, by March 31.

JetBlue’s daily schedules between Long Beach and Atlanta will be as follows:

Long Beach (LGB) to Atlanta (ATL)
Depart – Arrive

7:00am – 2:00pm
11:45am – 7:00pm
9:50pm – 5:00am (next day)

Atlanta to Long Beach
Depart – Arrive

7:05am – 8:55am
2:55pm – 4:45pm
7:55pm – 9:45pm

JetBlue is a low-fare, low-cost passenger airline, which provides high-quality customer service. Since launching operations in February 2000, the airline has carried more than 11 million passengers. JetBlue operates a fleet of 39 new Airbus A320 aircraft and is scheduled to place into service another 13 A320s by the end of 2003. All JetBlue aircraft feature roomy all-leather seats each equipped with free live satellite television, offering up to 24 channels of DIRECTV Programming at every seat.**

From its base at New York City’s John F. Kennedy International Airport, JetBlue flies to: Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Orlando, Tampa and West Palm Beach, FL; Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse, NY; Long Beach, Oakland and Ontario, CA; Burlington, VT; Denver, CO; Las Vegas, NV; New Orleans, LA; Salt Lake City, UT; San Juan, Puerto Rico; and Seattle, WA. From Washington DC, the airline serves Fort Lauderdale, FL, and Long Beach and Oakland, CA.

With JetBlue, all seats are assigned, all travel is ticketless, all fares are one-way, and a Saturday night stay is never required. For more information, schedules and fares, please visit www.jetblue.com or call JetBlue reservations at 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583). This press release, as well as past press releases, can be found on www.jetblue.com
Old Feb 18, 2003, 1:18 pm

long thread on this over at the Delta board...
Old Feb 20, 2003, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Very interesting response from the Delta Board and from the AA Board as well. It seems that elite flyers by and large welcome Jetblue as they too feel like their elite packages have become more and more devalued. In addition, it seems that they too are as put off by their major airline of choice as I have been with Continental.
Old Feb 24, 2003, 10:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Analise:
Very interesting response from the Delta Board and from the AA Board as well. It seems that elite flyers by and large welcome Jetblue as they too feel like their elite packages have become more and more devalued. In addition, it seems that they too are as put off by their major airline of choice as I have been with Continental.</font>
I, for one, appreciate the new service as I fly a couple times a month to and through ATL. If nothing more, this will cause DL to drop their exorbitant fares a bit. I may even fly Jet Blue on occasion as a "Thanks" for this unexpected competitive pressure.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cholula:

I, for one, appreciate the new service as I fly a couple times a month to and through ATL. If nothing more, this will cause DL to drop their exorbitant fares a bit. I may even fly Jet Blue on occasion as a "Thanks" for this unexpected competitive pressure.</font>
Hey, that's what it's all about----competition.

[This message has been edited by Analise (edited 02-25-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.