FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   SLC-LGB gone (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/279632-slc-lgb-gone.html)

UAPremierExec Feb 4, 2003 2:20 pm

SLC-LGB gone

fyi, after June 27th (?) JetBlue will no longer service Long Beach from Salt Lake City, and Las Vegas - Long Beach will have another flight dropped.

-n

askworldtraveler Feb 5, 2003 9:06 am

sorry to learn that - SLC will be missed - I'm hoping it's a seasonal change, however a June stop date doesn't indicate that.
I must say that the SLC schedule was a bit hard given the arrival and departure times. :-(

------------------
"Dance as if no one's watching, Sing as if no one's listening and live live everyday as if it were your last"

exAC Feb 5, 2003 5:50 pm

Add two LGB-JFK flights and a LGB-WAS and something else has to cancell???

ss278 Feb 5, 2003 7:40 pm

JetBlue has also had to relinquish 5 slots at LGB effective that date. This is the result of a settlement of the lawsuit filed by American. American gets three slots, Alaska gets two. They are required to use them year-round or they will revert back to JetBlue.

Also, a new study of LGB noise constraints is being started. The original limits were set using 1980's data. It is thought that since new quieter airplanes are now in use, an increase in the number of available slots may occur.

ss278 Feb 5, 2003 7:44 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by askworldtraveler:
sorry to learn that - SLC will be missed - I'm hoping it's a seasonal change, however a June stop date doesn't indicate that.
I must say that the SLC schedule was a bit hard given the arrival and departure times.

</font>
True. In addition to my previous post, it must be added that the flight was a money-loser.

[This message has been edited by ss278 (edited 02-05-2003).]

jeffreyt Feb 6, 2003 10:51 pm

What is AA going to do with their new slots?

pk45cu Feb 7, 2003 8:34 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ss278:
True. In addition to my previous post, it must be added that the flight was a money-loser.

[This message has been edited by ss278 (edited 02-05-2003).]
</font>
And was a place-holder for LGB slots. They were just waiting for more planes so as to add transcon frequencies. B6 has so much demand right now that is plane-constrained more than anything else.

ss278 Feb 9, 2003 8:31 pm

Well, things in this industry change quickly.

Just spoke to my son who attended the JetBlue third year anniversary dinner in SLC last night. He told me that Mr. Neeleman made several announcements, one of which was that SLC-LGB would be continuing, same schedule, indefinitely.

The employees were very happy.

NickP 1K Feb 12, 2003 12:47 pm

B6 just took some more A320 options, fleet for the end of the year looks like aprox 50 or so aircraft...

audio-nut Feb 12, 2003 10:35 pm

Nick here is the press release

JETBLUE AIRWAYS TO ACCELERATE FLEET GROWTH
WITH TWO ADDITIONAL AIRBUS ORDERS IN 2003

New York, NY (February 10, 2003) – JetBlue Airways (NASDAQ: JBLU), New York’s hometown, low-fare carrier, announced today it has signed a contract with Airbus to exercise future options on two new A320 aircraft, powered by IAE V2500 engines. The airline plans to take delivery of one aircraft in November 2003 and the other in December 2003. The new aircraft order will bring JetBlue’s total fleet size to 52 by year-end 2003.

“As the tenth largest A320 operator in the world as measured by weekly departures, we’re very excited to add an additional two Airbus aircraft to our fleet this year,” said David Neeleman, CEO of JetBlue Airways. “At a time when many in our industry are reducing capacity, we continue to see strong demand from our loyal Customer base. These additional aircraft will help us to meet that demand by bringing high quality service and low fares to more Customers around the country.”

jeffreyt Feb 17, 2003 8:27 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jeffreyt:
What is AA going to do with their new slots? </font>
This wasn't a rethorical question.

Anyone?

martin33 Feb 21, 2003 10:25 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jeffreyt:
This wasn't a rethorical question.

Anyone?
</font>

adding another frequency LGB-JFK-LGB

NickP 1K Feb 22, 2003 3:36 pm

Mentioning AA..., as I predicted when they said they would drop LGB-JFK, they now are introducing SNA-JFK... Depending on how they price the dicounted economy fares this may be a more viable approach to competing with B6, however with SNA having a pain in the rear security policy for entering the airport commuting to LGB still seems better http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

MAH4546 Feb 23, 2003 7:03 pm

On a side note, AA is not getting any new slots. They are going to be able to keep slots that they were going to have to give back to jetBlue. AA is adding a 5th DFW-LGB and 3rd JFK-LGB this April, but at the expense of both ORD-LGB flights.