Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oakland security times at night

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2002, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member
Oakland security times at night

Am connecting through OAK in January and have 90 minutes between flights. Want to catch up with an old friend. I don't know how this is possible in light of the new security procedures. My question: Is it feasible to leave the secured area of the concourse to meet my friend, visit, and get back through security in time to catch flight? I arrive on jetblue at 9:50 p.m. and leave after 11 p.m. Any suggestions appreciated!

(Will crosspost in SF Airports forum).

------------------
Missing the Wings of Man, Whisperliners, and the overall civility in air travel!
Old Dec 3, 2002, 9:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As for me, I would not risk it. It should be ok at that hour but then again, things seem to happen at security.
Old Dec 3, 2002, 9:45 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Actually OAK is one very busy place at night here of late. They've added several new airlines with quite a few late night flights.

Several times over the past few weeks I've arrived into OAK at 9 to 10 p.m. and have observed very long lines at security. As well as vehicle traffic into the terminal areas that backs up all the way to Doolittle Drive on the airport perimeter. It sometimes take the parking shuttle buses 20 minutes to get to the terminal from Doolittle. The traffic is actually worse at that time of night than it is during the morning rush.

On the other hand the Terminal 1 security line at 5:15 a.m. yesterday morning stretched all the way out around the baggage carousels and to the street. But the wait was less than 20 minutes from the end of the line through security. Plus, they were actually friendly and smiled at you. What a concept Way to go TSA!

------------------
danville 1K

[This message has been edited by danville 1K (edited 12-03-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.