Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Cancel return leg of international roudtrip

Old May 18, 2024, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA gold

Jetblue prices roundtrips across the atlantic cheaper than one ways and adds carrier surcarges.
If you cancel the return leg after starting the roundtrip what travel bank credit do you get? does it reprice the first leg as if it was a oneway?
Old May 18, 2024, 3:26 pm

The fare is assigned to the city pairs at the time of booking. Nothing is repriced if you cancel. If you can see the fare calculation for your ticket, you can see how much of the fare was assigned to each leg so you can know what refund to expect.
Old May 18, 2024, 3:49 pm

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
My datapoint from earlier this year: Booked R/T JFK-LHR in Mint using 84,000 points + $197 + 5 Certs. Canceled the return as I needed to fly to JFK from another country direct and received 35,000 points and 2 Certs back which as noted above was in line with the fares at time of booking. Not a tremendous value, and value for the certs was about 45,000 points and/or around $450-500 when compared to cash fares.

Last edited by notthatdeadyet; May 18, 2024 at 3:59 pm Reason: clarity
Old May 20, 2024, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA gold
How do you see the breakdown per leg? - seems like everything gets lumped into
Carrier-imposed surcharge (YR)
Old May 20, 2024, 4:40 pm

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
Originally Posted by mre123
How do you see the breakdown per leg? - seems like everything gets lumped into
Carrier-imposed surcharge (YR)
In my case I got on the phone and went through multiple options as I was using Certs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.