Partnership with Porter

Old May 6, 2024, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Partnership with Porter

Hi,

I'm a Mosaic 4 member.
I recently purchased tickets on Porter from Newark to Ottawa. It seems Porter and JetBlue have some sort of partnership.
Does anyone know what perks I get, and how I can link those? There was nowhere to input my Mosaic number when booking the tickets.

Thanks!
Old May 6, 2024, 8:27 pm
Original Member

Don't expect much.
https://www.jetblue.com/airline-partners

Our codeshare partnerships with the following airlines offer a seamless travel experience, from booking on jetblue.com or the JetBlue app, to convenient connections and getting your bag allowances in the bag. Please note that you can’t earn or redeem TrueBlue points with these airlines.

From the Porter side of things
https://www.flyporter.com/en-us/abou...e-partnersWhen the first departure is operated by Porter, the Porter Baggage Policy applies For journeys on your itinerary that originate with a Porter flight, you will be able to pay any applicable checked baggage at any time before departure on flyporter.com.

When the first departure is operated by JetBlue, Jet Blue’s baggage policy appliesExternal site which may not meet accessibility guidelines.
skydelt likes this.
Old May 7, 2024, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Thanks very much! I'm still not able to find out how to connect the flight. Any thoughts?
Old May 8, 2024, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
If you can't earn or redeem TB points on Porter I would not expect them to accept your TrueBlue number. You could try calling them and asking if there are any benefits for JetBlue Mosaics but I would not get your hopes up.

-J.
Old May 8, 2024, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Ok, got it. Thanks!
Old May 11, 2024, 9:57 pm

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
I flew YQB>YTZ>EWR on Porter last summer. I enjoyed my flights on them, especially into and out of YTZ, but they aren't for everybody. They would not accept my TB number on the website or at check in. IIRC the only sort of agreement that they had with B6 was on BOS Flights.

EWR to YOW nonstop is on a Dash 8. It's a Turboprop with 2 x 2 seating. Legroom is decent but seats do not recline. I also wouldn't want to sit on those seats for more that 2 1/2 hours. Porter Reserve passengers get premium liquor and food. One note on Porter Classic, especially in the lower Classic tiers is that you are more likely to moved around for weight and balance purposes, even if you paid for seat selection.

On a trivia note, the Dash 8's don't have oxygen masks and as such, can't fly above 25k feet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.