How to get into Mint (BOS-DUB)?

Old May 1, 2024, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

How to get into Mint (BOS-DUB)?

I'm booked in economy on a blue fare BOS-DUB. But I would obviously rather be in Mint. Not enough to spend $2k one-way -- which seems like a pretty crazy price to me even compared to other airlines -- but enough to pay a more reasonable price or use some points from other accounts. I don't have any Mosaic credits -- actually part of why I want to try Mint as this will be my first and probably last time on any Jetblue flight.

So I read elsewhere that they often have upgrades for sale at the gate. Is that still true? Is it true for international flights? Are there any currencies aside from Move-to-Mint certs that can be used on Jetblue to purchase an upgrade? If I found a friend with extra certs are Move-to-Mint certs applicable to someone else's flights?
Old May 1, 2024, 7:40 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Yes, they do offer at-gate upgrades if seats are available but TATL pricing has been absurd ($900+, obviously in addition to whatever youve already paid), with no discount offered for Mosaic members. What's crazy is that BOS-DUB can be a 5 hour flight with enough tailwind, yet booking Mint flights on BOS-LAX can be almost three hours longer and cost as little as $700 at booking.
arollins and BearX220 like this.
Old May 3, 2024, 9:47 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
East coast flights to Europe are 5-7 hrs approximately, after departure they start the beverage and food service, then another round of beverage with dessert. One hr or so prior arrival you are being given the immigration spiel as well as the breakfast. You only have at most 3-4 hrs of rest. If you really want to try Mint, best to do it on the BOS-LAX route as mentioned above, where you will find it cheaper and longer flight, more chance to enjoy it.
BearX220 likes this.
Old May 9, 2024, 7:52 am
Original Poster

FYI on this flight she quoted me $800 which honestly is a competitive price. But not in my price range for this trip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.