Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Check in - US permanent resident number

Old Apr 24, 2024, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Hi, I am a British citizen with a British passport flying from Gatwick to New York tomorrow. I also have an ESTA which should allow me to enter the US without a full visa. I am staying there for 3 days.

I just tried to check into my flight and they’re asking for a US permanent resident number and it will not allow me to check in without it. I have never been to the US, nor am I a citizen so do not have a residency number. They did say I can check in at the airport but I don’t know if this will cause problems or a delay.

Has anyone else encountered this? If so what happened?
Old Apr 28, 2024, 3:34 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
All international flights require a passport (and applicable visa/ESTA) check at the airport, and cannot be checked in online. Some airlines will allow repeat customers with pre-submitted (and later verified at the airport) documents to check-in online on flights booked after the documents are checked by a human.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old May 20, 2024, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by ggmonkey
Hi, I am a British citizen with a British passport flying from Gatwick to New York tomorrow. I also have an ESTA which should allow me to enter the US without a full visa. I am staying there for 3 days.

I just tried to check into my flight and they’re asking for a US permanent resident number and it will not allow me to check in without it. I have never been to the US, nor am I a citizen so do not have a residency number. They did say I can check in at the airport but I don’t know if this will cause problems or a delay.

Has anyone else encountered this? If so what happened?
Yep this sounds like a document verification required at the check-in counter situation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.