Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue lowers 2024 revenue outlook

JetBlue lowers 2024 revenue outlook

Old May 23, 2024, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Seat pitch is generally not a differentiatior for them anymore since they are down to 32" on most aircraft in standard seats, which is the industry standard these days.
If there is an industry standard, it's 31 inches, not 32. I notice the extra inch in JetBlue aircraft.
Old May 23, 2024, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
If there is an industry standard, it's 31 inches, not 32. I notice the extra inch in JetBlue aircraft.
Most Delta aircraft and many seats on Alaska aircraft also have 32 inches. It's close enough.

Is it enough of a difference that you will pay more or go out of your way to fly JetBlue? For some people it is, but for most it is no longer the deciding factor -- for those to whom it matters, they're generally purchasing EMS or Y+ anyway. EMS rates have recently skyrocketed anyway so they're pushing the limit on how much they can make from that particular ancillary before driving people to other carriers.

-J.
Old May 23, 2024, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Most Delta aircraft and many seats on Alaska aircraft also have 32 inches. It's close enough.
Not the ones I tend to end up in.

DL A321NEO: 31" pitch in Y
A321CEO: 31", some at 30"
737-900ER: 31" (the very few ex-Lions are 32")

Source is Aerolopa.

That's a significant portion of DL's fleet, and I didn't check others.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.