Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Traveling as a couple in Mint, A321LR Transatlantic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2023, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM

I am taking a special trip with my partner to London, and we are booked in Mint on Jetblue. I'm a longtime Mosaic but have never flown transatlantic with Jetblue.

Part of my hope of the trip is that we can spend time together on the flight, especially the longer daytime flight back. E.g., sitting next to each other, talking during meals, etc. We picked Row 3 -- When booking the trip, Jetblue's seat selection page says the seats are "ideal for couples or others traveling together" and the picture shows the ability to partners to sit right next to each other (screenshot from booking below). That's been our experience on other airlines and of course sitting in Core/EMS on B6, and also what I remember years ago from domestic Mint. All pretty straightforward and what we want.

However, I just looked at the seatmap again (Jetblue cancelled/rescheduled our flights, so needed to fix seats), and I'm starting to second guess what the inflight experience is when you're traveling as a couple in Mint A321LR. The pictures and website copy are clear that couples are sitting together, but I'm wondering if that's an error -- the seat map makes it look like we are quite far apart across the aisle and we actually won't be able to spend time together on the flight.

Can anyone shed some light as to what we can expect, and any tips? Please forgive me if this is a funny question, I know it's just a couple flights, but we both work and travel crazy hours so quality time together is special and a vacation is rarer still. And I'd always rather know what to expect than be disappointed while traveling. Thank you!

Screenshot of booking: http://www.dropbox.com/s/isl61mh4bcp...0copy.png?dl=0
Old Jan 19, 2023, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Mint on the A321LR is 1-1, with seats away from the aisle. You will be able to see each other, but it's not like domestic Mint where the seats are next to each other and you'll be chatting throughout the entire flight. You may want to rebook with a different carrier if you want to be directly next to each other, or perhaps you might prefer to fly in coach.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
You will be across the aisle from each other. I would suggest sitting one behind the other, or flying an airline with two seats together in J (AA, BA, DL, VS).

-J.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM
Thank you so much! Very helpful- appreciate it!
Old Jan 24, 2023, 6:50 pm

Pay the $299 to get one of the front seats which is set up for the two of you to be able to lounge/cuddle/eat together (other pax has to also have a mint seat iirc)
nk15 likes this.

Last edited by pesos; Jan 24, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Old Feb 5, 2023, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or just spend the time IN London together and then just enjoy some peace and quiet on the flight home.
nk15 and m.y like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.