FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   New MCO Terminal C (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/2095084-new-mco-terminal-c.html)

hi55us Sep 21, 2022 2:05 pm

New MCO Terminal C

Looks like B6 is moving to the new terminal C next week 9/27. Wonder if we'll see some more service from cities like PVD/MHT/BDL down to MCO this winter.

https://www.orlandoairports.net/gett...co/terminal-c/

GW McLintock Sep 22, 2022 7:10 am

Allegedly this is what they had been waiting for to grow in MCO. It's anybody's guess if it'll actually happen or if it will wait until post-merger.

I for one am really, really disappointed there is no Priority Pass lounge in Terminal C. That means I'll be generally limited to traveling on JetBlue to MCO on weekends when I don't need a quiet space to take meetings.

Slightly less annoyed that C is on the south side of the field whereas most of the airport hotels are to the north, but that's not such a huge deal.

OTOH I am looking to a new, modern space with room to actually walk around. AFAIK this is the first new terminal/concourse in 20+ years (and for reference, Airside 1 - JetBlue's current/soon-to-be-former home - opened in the 80s!).

-J.

michael1023 Sep 22, 2022 9:32 am

Originally Posted by hi55us (Post 34619104)
Looks like B6 is moving to the new terminal C next week 9/27. Wonder if we'll see some more service from cities like PVD/MHT/BDL down to MCO this winter.

https://www.orlandoairports.net/gett...co/terminal-c/

i fly into MCO on 9/29, and fly home back to nyc on 10/2 for a quick Disney trip. will i be arriving or leaving from terminal C? I thought terminal C was only international arrivals/departures, what about lounges?

edit: it says there will be a plaza premium lounge as well, i think i can TRY to get in via Amex platinum

amejr999 Sep 23, 2022 6:50 pm

JetBlue's move is delayed.

Based on some other online posts (closed concessions, slow bags) seems like this might be for the best.

GW McLintock Sep 23, 2022 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by amejr999 (Post 34625613)
Based on some other online posts (closed concessions, slow bags) seems like this might be for the best.

I agree. Many of the food operators and concessions have not opened yet. I don't really understand why they would want to move before the terminal was actually fully operational -- if I flew through and there was no food or services in the terminal I would be upset; I wouldn't take it out on the airline workers, but if they're the only people there, others might.

-J.

michael1023 Sep 24, 2022 5:32 am

https://twitter.com/MCO/status/1573388200072052737

i delayed my trip as well, trying to line up another Disney Trip come Nov 10 to Nov 13. Because of the impending hurricane. Hopefully by then the new terminal C (if not another hurricane is coming on the weekend i choose) will be up and running, including the plaza premium lounge.

MCO Flyer Sep 24, 2022 9:57 pm

https://twitter.com/MCO/status/1573388200072052737

I believe most of the concessions are/were set to open the day B6 moved in considering B6 houses a bulk of the majority of flights that will be going out of C. Considering the track of Ian keeps moving west, hopefully B6 will be able to move over by next weekend once the storm has completely passed over FL. NK is apparently going to be expanding into B6s old Airside 1/ticketing area shortly after B6 moves out so I’m sure this delay moving B6 won’t last long as GOAA/NK will want to continue with their move to help consolidate NK ops.

Originally Posted by GW McLintock (Post 34625631)
I agree. Many of the food operators and concessions have not opened yet. I don't really understand why they would want to move before the terminal was actually fully operational -- if I flew through and there was no food or services in the terminal I would be upset; I wouldn't take it out on the airline workers, but if they're the only people there, others might.

-J.

GOAA has been providing a free buffet in the Palm Court to passengers this week on the first few International flights out of Terminal C and most concessions were suppose to open next Tuesday to coincide with B6 move in date as B6 will make up 80% of all flight out of Terminal C. Most concessions were not willing to open up/staff on opening week with only 5-10 flights/day going out of the new Terminal until B6 moves over.

theboss7593 Sep 28, 2022 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock (Post 34620949)
Allegedly this is what they had been waiting for to grow in MCO. It's anybody's guess if it'll actually happen or if it will wait until post-merger.

I for one am really, really disappointed there is no Priority Pass lounge in Terminal C. That means I'll be generally limited to traveling on JetBlue to MCO on weekends when I don't need a quiet space to take meetings.

Slightly less annoyed that C is on the south side of the field whereas most of the airport hotels are to the north, but that's not such a huge deal.

OTOH I am looking to a new, modern space with room to actually walk around. AFAIK this is the first new terminal/concourse in 20+ years (and for reference, Airside 1 - JetBlue's current/soon-to-be-former home - opened in the 80s!).

-J.

Yes but there will be a Premium Plaza Lounge so if you have a AMEX PLAT or CENT you can access it. Doesn't look like its open yet. (as in it won't be opening within the next couple of weeks)

After a conference in early 2023 I plan on taking the Brightline train from MIA-MCO which dumps you right into Terminal C, check out the new Premium Plaza Lounge then flying B6 MCO-EWR. Might not be the quickest way to get home but it will certainly be new/unique.

GW McLintock Sep 28, 2022 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by theboss7593 (Post 34638885)
Yes but there will be a Premium Plaza Lounge so if you have a AMEX PLAT or CENT you can access it. Doesn't look like its open yet. (as in it won't be opening within the next couple of weeks)

After a conference in early 2023 I plan on taking the Brightline train from MIA-MCO which dumps you right into Terminal C, check out the new Premium Plaza Lounge then flying B6 MCO-EWR. Might not be the quickest way to get home but it will certainly be new/unique.

Yes, if I had one of those cards I'd be able to access it. Unfortunately for me, I do not.

On the bright side (and with the whole Terminal C thing in mind) I canceled my JB ticket and rebooked on F9 for half the price (including a carry-on and an EMS-equivalent seat) departing after work.

-J.

TCarbone Oct 1, 2022 9:13 pm

Is National Up and Running

Does anyone know if National is running at Terminal C or do you have to take a bus to A or B?

GW McLintock Oct 1, 2022 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by TCarbone (Post 34647410)
Does anyone know if National is running at Terminal C or do you have to take a bus to A or B?

Not sure about National - you might have better luck asking on that forum.

Even if you had to go to A/B you would take the APM (automated people mover... some people would call it a train) and not a bus.

-J.

MCO Flyer Oct 7, 2022 5:35 pm

Interesting it’s been well over a week since Ian and GOAA/MCO have still not announced a new move in date for B6 to Terminal C. Sounds like there’s some other issues going on behind the scenes and they are using Ian as an excuse (GOAA just moved AM ticket counter and baggage claim this week from A to B FWIW). I’ve heard there’s issues with the new baggage system that’s possibly delaying the move.

MCO Flyer Oct 10, 2022 9:29 am

New update from GOAA/MCO. B6 will move INTL arrivals to Terminal C tomorrow 10/11 however INTL Departures and Domestic ops will remain in Terminal A/Airside 1 for the time being with no move in date announced.

michael1023 Oct 10, 2022 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer (Post 34669433)
New update from GOAA/MCO. B6 will move INTL arrivals to Terminal C tomorrow 10/11 however INTL Departures and Domestic ops will remain in Terminal A/Airside 1 for the time being with no move in date announced.

https://twitter.com/mco/status/15794...wAfwzrB1teRzlg

man did hurricane IAN really throw that much of a wrench into their plans?

MCO Flyer Oct 10, 2022 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by michael1023 (Post 34669915)
man did hurricane IAN really throw that much of a wrench into their plans?

No they are just using Ian as an excuse. The airport suffered no damage outside some minor roadway flooding that receded within 48 hours after the storm. There have been issues with the new Terminal C automated Baggage system ever since it opened before Ian (the very first flight that landed had to wait 3 hours for bags) which apparently is what has delayed B6s full move to Terminal C.