New MCO Terminal C

Old May 11, 2023, 7:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
This entire terminal experience has been a nightmare. It's not friendly AT ALL for those with mobility issues. And I don't know what they are called but they have those blue moving vehicles now that are the size of golf carts but there are not enough of them and they're not always available either. I took a photo last month of a few of them parked under the escalators. In addition to the rental car issues mentioned already, ground transportation is also awful. Most hotel shuttles make you go to A/B still and the Mears shuttle to theme parks doesn't run as continuously as the ones from A/B. I've started using a car service again as it's most convenient. The terminal is also not great if you're at one of the farther gates and they are in an IRROPs situation. There isn't enough seating available and the dining/shops don't stretch out that far to spread the crowds. Just another extremely shortsighted decision that does not take into account passenger experience at all. Just because it's pretty doesn't mean it's practical.
Old May 11, 2023, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by RWPrincess
This entire terminal experience has been a nightmare. It's not friendly AT ALL for those with mobility issues. And I don't know what they are called but they have those blue moving vehicles now that are the size of golf carts but there are not enough of them and they're not always available either. I took a photo last month of a few of them parked under the escalators. In addition to the rental car issues mentioned already, ground transportation is also awful. Most hotel shuttles make you go to A/B still and the Mears shuttle to theme parks doesn't run as continuously as the ones from A/B. I've started using a car service again as it's most convenient. The terminal is also not great if you're at one of the farther gates and they are in an IRROPs situation. There isn't enough seating available and the dining/shops don't stretch out that far to spread the crowds. Just another extremely shortsighted decision that does not take into account passenger experience at all. Just because it's pretty doesn't mean it's practical.
C is great if you have a ride or are returning a rental car. Otherwise forget it. I can't imagine how much an Uber or radio car would cost.

When I departed there the day before Thanksgiving, there was no line at security but man it was a hike to the gates. Looking forward to flying out of C (yeah right!) Airside 3 this weekend. I need to remember to cancel my JetBlue backups before departure.

-J.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old May 12, 2023, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
C is great if you have a ride or are returning a rental car. Otherwise forget it. I can't imagine how much an Uber or radio car would cost.

When I departed there the day before Thanksgiving, there was no line at security but man it was a hike to the gates. Looking forward to flying out of C (yeah right!) Airside 3 this weekend. I need to remember to cancel my JetBlue backups before departure.

-J.
my lyft ride from MCO terminal C to universal sapphire falls in march was $39, not too bad, and going back to MCO a few days later it was $28
RWPrincess likes this.
Old May 12, 2023, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by michael1023
my lyft ride from MCO terminal C to universal sapphire falls in march was $39, not too bad, and going back to MCO a few days later it was $28
Interesting, since you have to go almost an extra 3 miles. In NYC that would cost you a lot more

I stayed at the Four Points right near there last year and the ride to Terminal C felt like it would never end. However 528 and the main MCO entrance road was at a standstill so I suppose it worked out for the best

-J.
Old May 14, 2023, 10:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by RWPrincess
Unfortunately GOAA had to cut a bit from the project construction budget during COVID to make up for lost revenues and one of them was the moving walkways. Apparently they are going to now add in moving walkways using a “pitiless system” (similar to the ones you find in JFK T4 where they are slightly raised above the ground).

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Interesting, since you have to go almost an extra 3 miles. In NYC that would cost you a lot more

I stayed at the Four Points right near there last year and the ride to Terminal C felt like it would never end. However 528 and the main MCO entrance road was at a standstill so I suppose it worked out for the best

-J.
If coming from the Disney area, Terminal C is actually closer compared to A/B as you will be entering into the airport from the South SR-417/Boggy Creek Road entrance. If coming from the north/main 528/436 entrance, it’s about an extra 1.5 miles compared to JetBlue’s old space, in Terminal A
RWPrincess likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.